follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
mankarn86

Drives: 2007 Altima 3.5 SE 6sp
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Headliner ticking/rattle

Having trouble getting the dealer to rectify a rattle/metallic ticking sound in the headliner. I'm pretty sure it's in the headliner or possiblly under the C pilar cover because if I put my hand over the headliner close to the passenger side or middle the rattle goes away. I have exhausted the forums for tips and so far this is what I could come up with for potential culprits:
- antenna cable
- bolts under the headliner near the side airbag not tightened
- metal bracket that support the side airbag in the C Pilar

So couple questions...has anyone tried to get up there to tighten/dampen anything under the headliner? I removed the C pilar cover on the passenger side and the headliner clips and there still isnt enough room to clear my hand to get a socket wrench in there without creasing the headliner. Is it possible to shimmy the headliner off the B pilars by just removing the clips and the C pilar cover?
mankarn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Muskokan

Drives: white Sport-tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Subbed, sounds like my passenger side super annoying in the morning till I turn the heat on then goes away. Taken the door panel off twice to rectify but couldn't solve it. Maybe the tweeter housing right above the vent? Think that's where I'm trying next
Muskokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
mankarn86

Drives: 2007 Altima 3.5 SE 6sp
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskokan View Post
Subbed, sounds like my passenger side super annoying in the morning till I turn the heat on then goes away. Taken the door panel off twice to rectify but couldn't solve it. Maybe the tweeter housing right above the vent? Think that's where I'm trying next
Is you issue near the front or the rear of the car? Mine is near the C pilar (most rear pilar).
mankarn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Muskokan

Drives: white Sport-tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankarn86 View Post
Is you issue near the front or the rear of the car? Mine is near the C pilar (most rear pilar).
Ah sorry I saw pillar and assumed, mine is at the front by the (a?) pillar. Faack in annoying haha
Muskokan is offline   Reply With Quote