follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2014, 12:19 AM   #15
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
Tip in knock is fairly common on the FA20. I haven't read of anyone completely eliminating it yet. @nelsmar @jamesm @DeliciousTuning and @Circuit Motorsports are the people on here I would talk to if you are staying with Ecutek. You could try to upload Shiv's OTS tune into the user tune part of Ecutek but I haven't looked into how that works, I just know it is possible. Although you would lose your racerom features unless you pay extra to have them user configurable.
Tip in knock is completely gone on all our tunes. We needed EcuTeK RaceROM in order to accomplish this though.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
BC-Boy (05-13-2014), Turdinator (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #16
Circuit Motorsports

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Circuit Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
Tip in knock is fairly common on the FA20. I haven't read of anyone completely eliminating it yet. @nelsmar @jamesm @DeliciousTuning and @Circuit Motorsports are the people on here I would talk to if you are staying with Ecutek. You could try to upload Shiv's OTS tune into the user tune part of Ecutek but I haven't looked into how that works, I just know it is possible. Although you would lose your racerom features unless you pay extra to have them user configurable.
Tip in knock is a thing of the past in our tunes as well. And it is accomplished using EcuTek RaceRom custom mapping.

- Bob
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Circuit Motorsports For This Useful Post:
BC-Boy (05-13-2014), Turdinator (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 02:29 AM   #17
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Ill check and see how it goes with visconti, i just want to be able to rest assure that my car is not only performing well but also safely , i did a number of custom maps myself which ran incredibly smooth actually, but i just dont trust that it is the best for my car, as in everything theres no replacement for experience. and that i do not have tuning cars like ours. been out of the tuning game for about 8 years just tuned my sleds quads and all my freinds toys. used to be into it back in the omg thats a rsx days :P
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:30 AM   #18
BC-Boy

Garage
i will definetly keep you guys in mind tho, if ever my service doesnt get better, which i doubt it will, toni was good for service but not visconti
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 AM   #19
Brick

Drives: White 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I can for 100% sure vouch for @DeliciousTuning Roms being free from tip in knock. They are extremely smooth as well.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brick For This Useful Post:
BC-Boy (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 03:05 AM   #20
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
I can for 100% sure vouch for @DeliciousTuning Roms being free from tip in knock. They are extremely smooth as well.
customer service ? thats just as important to me as the tune.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:19 AM   #21
Brick

Drives: White 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Boy View Post
customer service ? thats just as important to me as the tune.
He just hired a customer service "guy" @sales@delicioustuning.com that has been very good at responding to most of my PM's in a timely fashion. Much faster than most correspondence with FA20club. When I had the e-tune done through Bill he stayed up to approxiametely 11 at night to get me running, then the dyno session went till 10 at night. That's pretty good customer service to me. He also has a great amount of knowledge with ECUTEK check out his expierence on his website he's tuned some high profile stuff.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brick For This Useful Post:
BC-Boy (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 03:32 AM   #22
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
He just hired a customer service "guy" @sales@delicioustuning.com that has been very good at responding to most of my PM's in a timely fashion. Much faster than most correspondence with FA20club. When I had the e-tune done through Bill he stayed up to approxiametely 11 at night to get me running, then the dyno session went till 10 at night. That's pretty good customer service to me. He also has a great amount of knowledge with ECUTEK check out his expierence on his website he's tuned some high profile stuff.
thanks bud ill keep that in mind
Old 05-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #23
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Problem is you picked the two worst reputation tuners known across the boards to begin with. If you had before hand asked openly here who can provide you the best E tunes known you would have saved a ton of cash and time. That said while I know you said you're giving Visconti a chance, truth to be told that's more waisted time based on numerous accounts given here time and time again. Go with the (proven) names and proven vendor/tuners that have been mentioned here for sure.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:38 AM   #24
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Problem is you picked the two worst reputation tuners known across the boards to begin with. If you had before hand asked openly here who can provide you the best E tunes known you would have saved a ton of cash and time. That said while I know you said youre giving Visconti a chance, truth to be told thats more waisted time based on numerous accounts given here time and time again. Go with the (proven) names and proven vendor/tuners that have been mentioned here for sure.
what kind of gas do you put in your car ?
Old 05-13-2014, 03:40 AM   #25
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
Quote:
what kind of gas do you put in your car ?

91,93,94 are all available where I live. 91 most often as it is certainly "most common".
Old 05-13-2014, 03:46 AM   #26
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
91,93,94 are all available where I live. 91 most often as it is certainly "most common".
yah im sold on the vpower 91, it seems to be consistant and the DI crickets are wall less noticiable that compared to chevron 94 which is great gas when its good, but when i get a bad tank it knocks and bogs more than the vpower, pretty sad. i run vp octanium to bring the octane up which works very well but man shes got a stench to her, smells pretty strong. i also run 1/400 shell ashless 2stroke oil in my gas and i have completely killed the crickets car is very silent and does not smoke at all, oil stays very nice doesnt seem to contaminate it. o2 sensor i check every week and nice beige color no deposits. been 2 tanks of this mix has been good ..
Old 05-13-2014, 04:01 AM   #27
OICU812
Just a dude

Garage
Quote:
yah im sold on the vpower 91, it seems to be consistant and the DI crickets are wall less noticiable that compared to chevron 94 which is great gas when its good, but when i get a bad tank it knocks and bogs more than the vpower, pretty sad. i run vp octanium to bring the octane up which works very well but man shes got a stench to her, smells pretty strong. i also run 1/400 shell ashless 2stroke oil in my gas and i have completely killed the crickets car is very silent and does not smoke at all, oil stays very nice doesnt seem to contaminate it. o2 sensor i check every week and nice beige color no deposits. been 2 tanks of this mix has been good ..

Well I am only a few hours from the refineries here so its always pretty fresh. As far as crickets the Husky 94 here is bad, otherwise most all others have zero noise etc. It's all on ethanol blend & the processing payments and requirements of different clients, all of these fuels are made and sent from only 2 refineries to begin with (for ALL of Canada), that's fact as I used to work at one as a process operator.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:12 AM   #28
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Well I am only a few hours from the refineries here so its always pretty fresh. As far as crickets the Husky 94 here is bad, otherwise most all others have zero noise etc. It's all on ethanol blend & the processing payments and requirements of different clients, all of these fuels are made and sent from only 2 refineries to begin with (for ALL of Canada), that's fact as I used to work at one as a process operator.
Nice i can only dream of fresh gas here man, vp octanium is going to be my best freind