follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Wuuu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wuuu's BRZ Build

Hey everyone, I recently picked up my 2014 BRZ - SWP Sport-Tech and wanted to start out with a build thread as a chance to get to know the community and share the build.

My previous vehicle was a 2008 EVO X. The intentions for this BRZ build follow the same principles as the X - to make a street-friendly but track competitive car. I'm extremely impressed with the BRZ so far straight out of the box and looking forward to the track season.

Below are a few pics of my old EVO X and a quick snap of the BRZ. More updates to come - stay tuned!

Updates:
05-11-14 - Ohlins DFV

Throwing a flame at Shannonville Motorsports Park

Local Time-attack event at Toronto Motorsports Park

Favourite part of the BRZ

Enjoying a drive by Toronto's Yonge & Dundas Square

Last edited by Wuuu; 05-11-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Wuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wuuu For This Useful Post:
Richyjc (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Richyjc

Drives: brz
Hey Ivan!!!

Welcome man!
Richyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #3
ToyoburuBRZ

Drives: Black BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Welcome to the forum! I am hosting a meet the beginning of May for people looking to start modding their car. There will be a good amount of twins with a good amount of mods done. You should come check it out! Here's a link: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60810
ToyoburuBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Wuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoburuBRZ View Post
Welcome to the forum! I am hosting a meet the beginning of May for people looking to start modding their car. There will be a good amount of twins with a good amount of mods done. You should come check it out! Here's a link: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60810
too bad i had to miss out on this meet, hopefully i'll be able to make it out to the next!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
Wuuu

Ohlins DFV

Haven't posted for a while now, but recently had some time to install my new set of Ohlin DFV Coilovers. The install went really smooth with almost no problems at all. I was lucky enough to have a friend help out (thanks @laksman91) with the install. He did his own set a few days prior and learned all the tips and tricks from assembling the coils correctly to installation also. As a result, Laks and I were able to get these babies in within 3 hours.

I'd say i'm really impressed with with the overall build quality and functionality. With only having these coils installed and nothing else, there is a significant increase in grip and confidence when going through corners without sacrificing any comfort whatsoever.

The alignment is planned to take place sometime this week. The front camber is dialed in to whatever the maximum it can be adjusted to based on the ohlins camber plates. I'd have to sift through some more posts here on this forum to find out some suggested alignment specs. I'm hoping to test these out at the track sometime soon to provide some detailed feedback.

Measuring spring preload

Rear shock comparison

Pair of fronts built

OEM Rear shock removed

The first shock all installed

Final shot with everything installed!

Perrin Oil Filter Cap for a cherry on top