follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
thatfilipinoguy

Drives: 87 Supra, 13 FRS, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
or the FRS RS 1.0
thatfilipinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #16
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
What colour are you looking for? I can look behind the scenes and see where they all are.
Does Toyota make a habit of not sourcing a car from another dealership across the country for a customer for free, or is it just special editions? I know someone that had a VW sent from a dealer in BC for no extra cost at all.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #17
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Drives: 2017 Crystal White BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAist View Post
Hi everyone (first post),

I was debating purchasing the FR-S and the BRZ this summer and started to look at my options. I prefer all the options of the BRZ limited sport-tech package but dislike its front bumper/mustache appearance. The sales rep at Scion mentioned the Monogram model for the FR-S so I placed a down payment for the 2014 Monogram FR-S Raven MT model on April 7th. I also had my credit checked and approved for financing. Unfortunately, I was advised on April 12th that the dealership was not able to secure a manual transmission model due to its limited production (in any color in Ontario).

So here are my options:
1) I would have to pay full price and pay approximately 2000$ to transport it from a few provinces (adding an additional $4000 to the cost of the vehicle). Is it really worth it?

2) Buy the BRZ limited and swap the front ends - I've been researching here and noticed that someone swapped the front end of the BRZ with the FR-S and was wondering if its easy and how much it would cost. Do I need to buy the FR-S fog and signal lights?

3) Buy the Standard FR-S Model, add fog lights, navigation system, the heated seat modification to the standard cloth seats, TRD rear spoiler, and accept the loss of non-transferable BRZ features. This option brings the price of the car to pretty much the base price of the BRZ limited.

4) Buy an aftermarket front bumper kit that fits the BRZ with fog lights like INGS. There's not many available unfortunately and it would probably cost less to pay for option 1).

5) Paint the front lip the same color of the car and replace the grill to black mesh grill to offset that mustache look.

6) Wait until the 2015s are out in the fall and hope for a 2015 Monogram. I don't like the the look of the yellow FR-S 1.0 or the white/WRB BRZ tS that has been discussed.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

P.S I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I am a newbie.
I really hated the mustache on the BRZ.. Now I'm in love with it and am a proud BRZ owner, so I would take your time to make a decision and choose wisely
Wilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #18
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAist View Post
Hi everyone (first post),

I was debating purchasing the FR-S and the BRZ this summer ....
Agreed with @Kazuya , just get the manual limited BRZ. The moustache/mouthguard will either grow on you or not. If it doesn't there already about a dozen aftermarket front bumpers to replace your stock one with if you find that you just can't deal with it anymore. Even more of them are coming. Don't get an automatic if you don't want one. IMO that's a larger compromise then getting a cosmetic front end you don't care for that can be changed easy peasy.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...r+&FORM=HDRSC2
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #19
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Time is running out!!!!!!!!!

No pressure buuutttttt.....You have until Thursday to get your car either way. The first big FRS/BRZ meet at Merivale in Ottawa is this Friday> If you don't get one, come out anyway and see cars with 0-$20000 worth of additions made. May make your choice easier after seeing a variety. Nice to have another member in the Ottawa area and congrats on the car,either way you choose, you can't go wrong. Waiting another year is the worst of your listed options IMHO.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #20
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
shit, if they ever make a turbo version of our car, i am most likely selling my current and jumping ship, that or the new FT-1.
It will just get harder and harder to find a sports car with an N/A engine in the future thanks to tree huggers and ever more strict emission standards. I for one am glad I can still get a high revving small displacement N/A engine in this day and age.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #21
Atropine

Drives: 2021 Toyota Supra 2020 4Runner
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
7. Secure a MT Monogram somewhere else and buy a plane ticket to that city, drive the car back. Likely way less than 2k, and you get a road trip and great story out of it.

THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #22
that_guy
Dances with Cones

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Does Toyota make a habit of not sourcing a car from another dealership across the country for a customer for free, or is it just special editions? I know someone that had a VW sent from a dealer in BC for no extra cost at all.
Unfortunately not. The logistics of moving a vehicle across the country is very expensive and under Toyota's logistics process, it's not possible without arranging special pick up.

If the unit is not at the dealer yet, we might still be able to move it. If it's on-ground, that's another story.

I've asked the OP to send me an email at work. From there, I'll see what, if anything, can be done. Not the first Monogram I've had to source for someone on these forums...haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to that_guy For This Useful Post:
wparsons (04-14-2014)

Tags
brz, frs