follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #57
RCentanni

Drives: BRZ soon hopefully
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are the legality issues the only reason you're steering away from them?
RCentanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #58
dkx64

Drives: 2014 Frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCentanni View Post
Are the legality issues the only reason you're steering away from them?
And its been said that they arent exactly that bright during the day? not sure if thats true. Pictures around the forum are probably all edited in some way. Makes it really hard to visualize what the real brightness and color will look like. On the other hand, the more i look at toms on whiteout, the less appealing they look. not sure why.

Edit: For what its worth, my first mod was going to be TOMS taillights, but Ive grown to like the Valentis enough to probably not even consider the toms anymore. Some of the other options are just atrocious though. Spyder is probably the only other tail light im even considering anymore besides the Valentis to be honest
dkx64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #59
RCentanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkx64 View Post
And its been said that they arent exactly that bright during the day? not sure if thats true. Pictures around the forum are probably all edited in some way. Makes it really hard to visualize what the real brightness and color will look like. On the other hand, the more i look at toms on whiteout, the less appealing they look. not sure why
Got it. I'll be watching for what you decide. If you go with Valenti's, post some unedited day time pics
Old 02-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #60
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
Got it. I'll be watching for what you decide. If you go with Valenti's, post some unedited day time pics
lol of course. I take pictures of my car as I go. I havent added much in the last few months, but I just ordered a bunch of stuff so there will be a sudden influx of images once I have time to put all the parts on.

Also, I edited my previous post. take a look.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #61
dkx64

Garage
@RCentanni also this is what i "hope" the valentis look like

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15046

2nd image. his whole car is pretty epic. take a look if you havent before.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #62
RCentanni

@dkx64 Just saw the edit. That was my same thought process except I considered the TOMS a bit later down the road. I was set on the Spyders for a while but lately I've been feeling that they don't look as clean as the Valenti's.

His car looks great. Valenti's complete the look so well. I actually just read a post about the Valenti's being very bright during the day as well. I think that both the clear and smoked versions are gorgeous.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #63
akahenry

Drives: '18 STi
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Get the Smoked Valentis with the Valentis 4th brake light kit, you won't regret it. I saw a fellow BRZ owner (WRB) with them on- let me tell you that they looked FANTASTIC! Especially with some tint on your windows and perhaps some aftermarket wheels, your car will look like it just left a car show! I'll definitely get the Valenti combo down the line after I tackle suspension and wheels.
akahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akahenry For This Useful Post:
dkx64 (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #64
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
@dkx64 Just saw the edit. That was my same thought process except I considered the TOMS a bit later down the road. I was set on the Spyders for a while but lately I've been feeling that they don't look as clean as the Valenti's.

His car looks great. Valenti's complete the look so well. I actually just read a post about the Valenti's being very bright during the day as well. I think that both the clear and smoked versions are gorgeous.
I really appreciate all he is doing to his car. I would never lower my car that much, I'm not even sure I can lower mine more than an inch her in california. The roads are terrible, and I wouldnt be able to get into my steep driveway. I'm definitely leaning towards the Valenti's now. I need to talk to some owners of the valenti lights and get some of their feedback (not bright enough? any cop trouble? etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akahenry View Post
Get the Smoked Valentis with the Valentis 4th brake light kit, you won't regret it. I saw a fellow BRZ owner (WRB) with them on- let me tell you that they looked FANTASTIC! Especially with some tint on your windows and perhaps some aftermarket wheels, your car will look like it just left a car show! I'll definitely get the Valenti combo down the line after I tackle suspension and wheels.
I dont mind the look of the OEM brake light area. I actually had plans to turn the red reflector into a static running light with 2nd level of brightness during braking. I think this would look better with the TOMS but I want to talk to a few people first. I agree that the valentis tail lights and 4th brake light kit are fantastic. Definitely need to think about it as I just spend like 2k on things. I'm not a huge fan of the smoked parts everyone else is into. I had smoked tails on my evo and got a ticket for it so I'd rather not get hassled for it. I already have 35% tint, new wheels and tires, and exhaust. This time around I got the coilovers, rear lcas, fog lights, side markers, front lip, side skirts, rear spats, and a diffuser. So the bank is hurting a little bit at the moment. Nothing a few months cant change though. After all of these upgrades are on I'll be sharing some photos as well. Plus, there are more ideas in my head, most of which have already been updated in the first post.

Feel free to speak your mind about any of those.

Thanks for looking
Old 02-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #65
dkx64

Garage
I haven't actually had the chance to thank any of the vendors I've purchased from here on the forums yet, so I thought I'd take a moment and do that now.

First I'd like to thank @FT-86 SpeedFactory for being the biggest influence in my build. The time and effort they have put in to respond to me seemly endless emails is astonishing and greatly appreciated. I never would have been able to do what I've done so far without them. Their website is the first place I check whenever I'm looking for more things to add to my car and 99% of the time their prices far outshine everyone else's. And to top it off, their shipping is extremely quick, even for their free shipping option of over $250 purchases. I haven't spoken with either @PERRIN_Chris and @PERRIN_Jeff specifically but I want to give a shout out and a thank you to you and the entire Perrin team for the extensive R&D you guys have done to create such a nice exhaust. While I didn't purchase the exhaust from you directly, I really appreciate everything from you guys. The exhaust fits like a glove and sounds perfect. There are also a few more Perrin parts that are on my list of things to purchase in the future, and I look forward to putting those on my car. I also bought a set of Diode Dynamics fog lamps from FT-86 SpeedFactory. I want to thank @Diode Dynamics for all of their research and for their install tutorial on YouTube. I'm not super comfortable working with wires but they made it extremely easy and straight forward to install. Just the other day I ordered and received a set of SPC LCA's and from Ft-86 SpeedFactory. They gave me plenty of advice for LCA's, suspension, and alignment and in the end I opted to not spend a fortune on KWv3s as they would be more than I could ever need. I did however decide that the SPC's were a bit flimsy and god awful to look at though, so I sent them back to switch out for the amazing blue CUSCOs I've been hearing so much about. Along with the CUSCOs I bought a pair of GT Spec Toe Arms to help with alignment if I ever decide I want to go max low. Overall I was still able to save a few bucks by not going with the kwv3s and I can put the savings towards future upgrades. I can't thank FT-86 SpeedFactory enough and they will continue to be my first stop for anything FRS related. Keep up the good work guys! It's been a pleasure doin' business.

Second I would like to thank some of the vendor's I'm currently buying from. @Evasive Motorsports, @b2autodesigns, Thank you @Koru for such a beautiful lip kit. It looks good, fits perfectly, and really brings the whole look of the car to the next level. I took the car in for service and the service guy asked me about it so we talked a while. I didn't mind talking about my car for a little while. He said it looked really good. He didn't know anyone made a lip kit that looked so good. Thank you @Advan-Emotion for the fantastic rear diffuser. While it doesn't exactly match everything else that I've put on the car, it still looks like it came with the car from the factory. It seems really well made, however the instructions and the hardware included are absolute crap. My suggestion is to buy your own nuts and bolts for the install. I will edit this section after we have completed business and all parts installed.

Although I am unsure if they are vendors here on the forums, thirdly, I'd still like to give a special thanks to A-Spec Wheels, America's Tire, and Al and Ed's Autosound for helping me with my purchases of wheels, tires, and window tint.

Thank you to everyone for playing such a huge role in my build! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by dkx64; 05-13-2014 at 02:12 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dkx64 For This Useful Post:
b2autodesigns (02-28-2014), Diode Dynamics (02-28-2014), FT-86 SpeedFactory (02-28-2014), Koru (03-03-2014), PERRIN_Chris (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #66
carlossanchez89
2Supras1FR-S

Drives: 13 Scion FR-S, 87 Supra
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Wheels look godo man nice choice. Some lower now!
carlossanchez89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carlossanchez89 For This Useful Post:
dkx64 (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #67
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlossanchez89 View Post
Wheels look godo man nice choice. Some lower now!
Some lower is in the works. I have coils and LCAs sitting on my bedroom floor waiting to be put on. Just gotta wait til my buddy has time to let me use his lift. Should be sometime in the next 3 weekends. definitely itching to put them on. cant wait!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #68
PERRIN_Chris

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to PERRIN_Chris
Glad you're enjoying the exhaust! Your car is my FRS twin pretty much!
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PERRIN_Chris For This Useful Post:
dkx64 (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #69
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris View Post
Glad you're enjoying the exhaust! Your car is my FRS twin pretty much!
Whoa that's pretty cool! Yea I'm loving it! I never knew modding cars could be this fun. This is my 4th car, and the most I've done to any of the others is an exhaust. It's turning into a money pit but oh well its fun stuff. Been meeting some pretty cool people on the forums here too. Hope you're having fun with your build too!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #70
dkx64

Garage
DKX 2014 Whiteout FRS Build - Socal

So I forgot I took a picture of the car with the new fogs and side markers. Not sure how I feel about the white leds on the side markers. Messes with the other colors if you ask me. Might out the old bulbs back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dkx64; 06-04-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Tags
htauto/downforce aero, perrin, st coilovers, varrstoen, whiteout frs mt