follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #43
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I want to run the same set up with front/overpipe any chance you could record start up n reving/driving? Hopefully i can find a 2.5 front pipe for sale..
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #44
dkx64

Drives: 2014 Frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoscrdo View Post
I want to run the same set up with front/overpipe any chance you could record start up n reving/driving? Hopefully i can find a 2.5 front pipe for sale..
Im not too good with that sort of thing. I guess I promised a video clip. Ill try to find you the one I used to decide on it instead. I bought my exhaust from ft86speedfactory. They dont seem to carry the front pipe anymore though maybe you could ask them personally if they could find one for you. All I can say is, I drive with my windows down as often as I can. It sounds very nice. Oh and cops dont even look at me when I drive by which is a plus in my eyes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jGtvmtflA"]Perrin Performance Over Pipe and Front Pipe - Unboxing, Install and Review - 2013 Subaru BRZ - YouTube[/ame] sounds almost identical to that. depending on your volume level of course. The part where they have a camera attached to the rear bumper is not very indicative of what it sounds like in person however (very boomy). Once he starts moving it sounds pretty similar. It sounds very nice in person. If you have any more questions please ask
dkx64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #45
dkx64

Garage
Just ordered the ST coilovers! Any suggestions on LOWER CONTROL ARMS!!!?!??! people are telling me that they are absolutely horrid. can anyone vouch for them? i'd appreciate it. I really like their price vs cusco lca
Old 02-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #46
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkx64 View Post
Im not too good with that sort of thing. I guess I promised a video clip. Ill try to find you the one I used to decide on it instead. I bought my exhaust from ft86speedfactory. They dont seem to carry the front pipe anymore though maybe you could ask them personally if they could find one for you. All I can say is, I drive with my windows down as often as I can. It sounds very nice. Oh and cops dont even look at me when I drive by which is a plus in my eyes.

sounds almost identical to that. depending on your volume level of course. The part where they have a camera attached to the rear bumper is not very indicative of what it sounds like in person however (very boomy). Once he starts moving it sounds pretty similar. It sounds very nice in person. If you have any more questions please ask
Ah thank you! Reason why i wanted a video from you was cause other cars on youtube always have a different combo. If ya can if not its alright lol. Yeah ima hav to ask around for a front pipe before they all gone. after you installed the front/over pipes did you feel a difference?
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #47
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoscrdo View Post
Ah thank you! Reason why i wanted a video from you was cause other cars on youtube always have a different combo. If ya can if not its alright lol. Yeah ima hav to ask around for a front pipe before they all gone. after you installed the front/over pipes did you feel a difference?
Well I definitely felt and heard a difference, although I did the whole package at one time(overpipe, catted frontpipe, res'd midpipe and cat back). Compared to stock its an incredible sound obviously and it feels like there is a bit of an increase in HP/TQ although I dont have dyno proof. If you have everything but the front pipe, check how it sounds with the video I gave you. If its similar already the front pipe might not change it much. The video is a good representation of what it sounds like in real life.
The Following User Says Thank You to dkx64 For This Useful Post:
Marcoscrdo (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #48
dkx64

Garage
Settled for SPC LCA's, if I need better ones down the road I can get them :P. Might as well save some cash for the time being.

Also updated the future upgrades in the OP. Take a look and comment. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #49
dkx64

Garage
Since I saved so much on the LCAs and the coilovers I figured I could get a few other things along with them. I'm thinking the full lip kit and shift knob/reverse lockout OR Toms tail lights and Winjet Headlights.

By the way, the coilovers and LCAs should be here by the end of the week. It might take a week or 2 for me to get around to putting them on. I have to arrange a time to use the lift again. (might be moving pretty soon and it has enough room for a lift DDDD) cant wait!

Anyways, help me decide which upgrades to do next. both are about 800. Maybe if I wait a month or 2 I will just do both upgrades at the same time.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #50
dkx64

Garage
Just went crazy and bought a whole bunch of things on my list with all the money I saved on the suspension. Cant wait to put it all on! Will definitely take some pictures of everything soon!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #51
dkx64

Garage
Someone please help me decide on Toms red taillights or Valenti red/white taillights! Keep in mind, I'll be pairing it with the CSL Seibon trunk, paint matched in whiteout
Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #52
RCentanni

Drives: BRZ soon hopefully
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Someone please help me decide on Toms red taillights or Valenti red/white taillights! Keep in mind, I'll be pairing it with the CSL Seibon trunk, paint matched in whiteout
I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. Valenti's look best IMO. Both very clean looking. Just my 2 cents
RCentanni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCentanni For This Useful Post:
dkx64 (02-28-2014)
Old 02-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #53
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCentanni View Post
I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. Valenti's look best IMO. Both very clean looking. Just my 2 cents
i read somewhere that they are sorta illegal cause they arent "red" so that might steer me away a little bit. I know I wont be disappointed look-wise either way so thats why im in this predicament haha.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #54
RCentanni

Quote:
i read somewhere that they are sorta illegal cause they arent "red" so that might steer me away a little bit. I know I wont be disappointed look-wise either way so thats why im in this predicament haha.
Oh! I read that too. Excellent point. Does anyone know more about that? Fines associated, etc.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #55
dkx64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCentanni View Post
Oh! I read that too. Excellent point. Does anyone know more about that? Fines associated, etc.
definitely havent heard anything else. Scares me a little bit, but then again, that didnt stop me from getting an aftermarket exhaust. technically any modification to exhaust is illegal in calfornia. :P
Old 02-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #56
RCentanni

Quote:
definitely havent heard anything else. Scares me a little bit, but then again, that didnt stop me from getting an aftermarket exhaust. technically any modification to exhaust is illegal in calfornia. :P
That's crazy. Even just tips? Go for the Valenti's Blame me if the officer has a problem with them

Tags
htauto/downforce aero, perrin, st coilovers, varrstoen, whiteout frs mt