follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
ntron1
Sarcastic Bastard

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ, '13 Mini, 1999 Blazer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flew home from a business trip early on a Saturday morning and met the wife at my office. Drove to the Mini dealer and wrote a check for her new Mini Cooper. Went back to my office, grabbed my car and went to the Subaru dealer to write another check for my BRZ. 10 months later I have 12K miles on the BRZ and she has 800 on her Mini Cooper.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
Gunman

Drives: 2019 Mazda Miata RF
Thanked 1,317 Times in 736 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I was following the FR-S/BRZ since the concepts came out, and pretty much decided I wanted a WRB Limited BRZ...but I wanted to see one in person, and check it out. So, we took a 2 hour drive to the Greenville, SC auto show, and that settled me on the BRZ.

No cars at any of the dealers around here, so two months later I'm driving by the local dealer and I see a red one out front. This is friday evening, so my wife and I decide to stop by saturday to look at it. I check it out online, it's exactly what I want, but red instead of WRB. I crunch numbers, decide what I want to pay with my trade, and my absolute top out the door price.

Saturday we head to the dealer, look at the car, and salesmans says they are asking $1500 over sticker. Sorry, not interested. Quickly he replies, we can come down from there. Ok. Give me a price with my trade...figured I'd be leaving soon. Son-of-a-beeatch comes back right in the middle of my figures. I look at my wife, she shrugsand says, "you like the red?" and I sign the papers.

This Subaru dealer, and a Ford dealer back in FL are the only one's I've been able to walk in and out in an hour, with the sale done.
Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #17
wrxneffect

Drives: 13 BRZ Ltd 6MT(sold), 03 WRX (RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZZZZZZZZZZ View Post
No drama here, walked in, told the sales person what I was willing to pay, they agreed, put my deposit down and away we went.
No drama here either. I pre-ordered the car on the first day of pre-ordering. I left in the middle of a meeting at work, called the dealer put my deposit down for a SWP BRTZ limited 6MT. Ended up being #3 at the dealer. Paid MSRP, car was delivered in June with no hassle.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
I was following the FR-S/BRZ since the concepts came out, and pretty much decided I wanted a WRB Limited BRZ...but I wanted to see one in person, and check it out. So, we took a 2 hour drive to the Greenville, SC auto show, and that settled me on the BRZ.

No cars at any of the dealers around here, so two months later I'm driving by the local dealer and I see a red one out front. This is friday evening, so my wife and I decide to stop by saturday to look at it. I check it out online, it's exactly what I want, but red instead of WRB. I crunch numbers, decide what I want to pay with my trade, and my absolute top out the door price.

Saturday we head to the dealer, look at the car, and salesmans says they are asking $1500 over sticker. Sorry, not interested. Quickly he replies, we can come down from there. Ok. Give me a price with my trade...figured I'd be leaving soon. Son-of-a-beeatch comes back right in the middle of my figures. I look at my wife, she shrugsand says, "you like the red?" and I sign the papers.

This Subaru dealer, and a Ford dealer back in FL are the only one's I've been able to walk in and out in an hour, with the sale done.
Your wife is easy.

Took me quite awhile to convince my wife why I need this car at the dealership. I was selling the car for my salesmen. LOL
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JS + BRZ For This Useful Post:
Gunman (02-24-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #19
Scenic Driver

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 Audi TTQ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Mine was pretty simple. I wanted one, the local dealer had a bunch in stock, I test drove it and that was it.

It was actually a year ago today that I picked it up, 30k miles so far and still happy with it.