follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #85
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
It's funny, and David (sportsguy) can probably attest to this as I may have mentioned it in a conversation we may have had at some point.

There was a point when I was almost dead set on a FI kit from FA20club.

It seemed like a very solid kit that made good numbers with a reputation behind it. The fact that they were somewhat local was the icing on the cake.

Needless to say, It would be silly to think that going that route would be a good idea at this point.

Quite unfortunate really.
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfbmike For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #86
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I bought a RHD overpipe from FA20club a year ago and it was so badly finished on the flange faces it was unuseable. I didn't try to fit it with a 3mm bow to the faces.

It took 3 months of constant communication to get a replacement. That one had clearly been rejigged to give more clearance. I was always concerned about it's viability compared to Nameless exhaust parts which have been spot on.

Recently I sold my Nameless axleback and downpipe with HF cat along with the fa20club overpipe. I had never fitted the downpipe or overpipe. The guy works for a company that builds cutting edge hi tech boats and 4x4 suspension. He rang me to look at the problems they were having with the overpipe while it was on the hoist.

It was so far out on the flange angle to the downpipe it was embarressing! At least 10deg out and also touching as it came through. The other one was even worse so there was no question of facing off the flanges and using that one. The flanges on the replacement were still crap but not as crap as the first pathetic effort.

How on earth these people can make and sell something that has no chance of being used and then ignore complaints is beyond me.
After the effort it took to get the replacement I have no hope of them replying to my recent pm so decided to join in the complaints on the forum.

fa20club should be booted off this forum as a vendor as their credibility is zero as far I am concerned.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sierra For This Useful Post:
sid3way5 (01-10-2014), slicktop (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #87
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Finally got my car back, UEL sound is awesome. Happy with my tune that JR did, the waiting experience has sucked but driving it home last night put a smile on my face. I'll wait and see if I receive any issues from this kit but praying it will be nothing big. I totally agree with you guys that have purchased something. I can't sit here a defend FA20Club when overall feed back is negative,so for people who are looking into service from them read the threads so you don't come back later scratching your head wondering where your stuff is and why this doesn't fit. From September on it has been most posts have been nightmare posts, if they want repair their reputation customer service is key. TBH when I was able contact Toni he was quite pleasant and knowledgable I received most of everything when he had stated even though each box was close to a month at a time he let me know what the deal was, and I understand where he doesn't have control over somethings but as long as you be truthful to your customers they will respect you for it.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #88
FV

Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2013 BRZ LMT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I wanted to throw in my experience with FA20Club. TLDR version on the bottom. I have saved all my private messages with them and their customer.

I bought a used Vortech SC from one of their customers. FA20Club removed it from their customers car and even offered a free base tune if I bought the SC. When I purchased the supercharger, all the parts needed for the install was promised. The supercharger was lost in the mail for 2 months. I got the supercharger and it was so poorly packed that EVERYTHING was damaged. The blower looked like it rolled down a hill. I contacted FA20Club and their seller and both REFUSED to let me return the SC. FA20club said they would rectify the situation and replace the missing parts (There were so many missing parts it was ridiculous). They sent me like 2 replacement parts out of 15 that was needed for the install. I had two BENT and CHIPPED pulleys with the kit. FA20Club's response = as long as the pulley doesn't wobble, it is okay. Vortech's response = don't use it, it might wear the belt and snap the belt. The belt that was included in the kit was the OEM size belt, wouldn't even fit the supercharger if I tried. I kept talking to FA20Club about my concerns to get the kit to work because apparently returning it was not an option. They eventually ignored me once I brought up more missing parts.

I bought Ecutek License and cable from them also. They ignored my request to return the Ecutek back. I even offered to return the supercharger and buy a brand new one from them....even their turbo, I didn't care about saving money anymore, I just didn't want to be stuck with a partial and damaged SC. 2-3 months of being out thousands of dollars.... I just wanted some real help.

TL;DR= FA20Club has good service during the buying process only. They didn't include a full supercharger. A lot of false promises. They were going to let me drive around with two bent and chipped pulleys, apparently safety isn't a factor.

Last edited by FV; 01-10-2014 at 01:08 PM.
FV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FV For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (01-10-2014), sierra (01-10-2014), slicktop (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #89
sierra

FV,

You have my deepest sympathy. My loss to these con artists is small compared to yours.
At first they seemed genuine, perhaps they were but there can be little doubt from all the complaints, that they have lost all credibility at this stage.

I just hope that anyone considering dealing with them reads some of these real life experiences and take their business elsewhere.

As far as the forum is concerned it's clear that vendors come first and the members are fair game for whatever schemes they use to take our money.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #90
FV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
FV,

You have my deepest sympathy. My loss to these con artists is small compared to yours.
At first they seemed genuine, perhaps they were but there can be little doubt from all the complaints, that they have lost all credibility at this stage.

I just hope that anyone considering dealing with them reads some of these real life experiences and take their business elsewhere.

As far as the forum is concerned it's clear that vendors come first and the members are fair game for whatever schemes they use to take our money.
I was just out about 4500 dollars for 3 months. I was able to file a charge back and got all my money back. They finally decided to accept a return for the Ecutek after I filed the charge back. They decide to come out of the shadows when you touch their money. I was able to send back the Ecutek on my dime. I still have this dead weight supercharger in my house waiting for them/their customer. I packed it up nice and tight for them, they need to cover shipping because I know I'm not paying 100 dollars to ship this thing back to them due to their mistake.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #91
sierra

How do you file a charge back?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #92
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Update
1/10 Received Box 1. Contained intercooler, turbo, BOV, wastegate, turbo gasket, 3 pipes for intercooler, oil pan/ with fitting.

The packaging was good, with the exception of the turbo gasket. It was loose under one of the box's tabs at the bottom and a corner is bent but it should be salvageable.
The weld on the outside of the oil pan was good, but the one on the inside was undercut and had several pinholes. Seeing as that there are two welds - I am not too worried about it. However, being that part of my living is inspecting welds - I thought I should mention it.

*EDIT*Forgot to mention, my turbo itself isn't drilled/tapped for the line for the wastegate.

The second box is due in tomorrow. It should contain the manifold, ecutek, and several small parts.

Still no communication of any form from FA20Club.. at this point hopefully everything shows up tomorrow all accounted for and in good condition and I never have to deal with them again.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM

Last edited by woode; 01-10-2014 at 08:50 PM.
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #93
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Lol OP was dead on tho.

Make thread in very public place and it seems they will rush to try and silence you

Now if they could just finish @Frs300 car
woode (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #94
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Lol OP was dead on tho.

Make thread in very public place and it seems they will rush to try and silence you

Now if they could just finish @Frs300 car
That is what I feel happened.. I'm sure FA20Club will never admit to it.. despite the fact that I have tracking numbers and emails as proof of their BLATANT and repeated lies.

To be honest, if Toni would just admit that he lied and be transparent from here on out about what they have in stock and what they are capable of shipping out instead of LYING to customers - they would probably have good business. But instead they choose to ignore customers once you send them money, and lie to you when they finally do communicate.

Assuming everything arrives tomorrow, the only thing that still has me nervous is the baseline tune that is sent with it. I am going to need it to work because I can't get into a tune/dyno for at least another week and I have to drive the car there.
As a last resort I could have it towed there (R/T Tuning) but I really don't want to fork out that money if I can drive it.

And, I still haven't received my gauge either. That is a complete different shipment.. but that is being forwarded to PayPal claim center to get my money back at this point.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #95
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
People are sometimes retarded

You have been warned, but no the fanboys assured you it's only a minority with issues.

Sent from my IBrick
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #96
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
People are sometimes retarded

You have been warned, but no the fanboys assured you it's only a minority with issues.

Sent from my IBrick
I'm retarded for ordering from a site-sponsored vendor with a legit website?
I wasn't "warned" until after I placed the order. The reason is because threads like this attempting to warn people get moved and/or closed and the fanboys prevail.

I think people who make ignorant and asinine comments just to make themselves feel superior in someway are retarded.
The Following User Says Thank You to woode For This Useful Post:
mfbmike (01-11-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #97
FV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
How do you file a charge back?
Tell your credit card company. I paid through PayPal with credit card, two levels consumer protection.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #98
mashal
DADA

Drives: 2013
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
This thread reminds me of Visconti's few f up's
mashal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
droppingtheballtoni, fab-worx/rda limited, fckuporderagaintoni, fixitagaintoni, no fire yet, shutup&shipmyturbo, toniscustomerservicesucks