follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
i don't think any fitment issues are a widespread problem. i know of many people with fa20club turbo kits and headers that had no issues. perhaps it's hit and miss (i really don't know), but certainly no less so than borla lol.
Fitment issue aside, the service provided was not even satisfactory
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
EpicNameBro

Drives: Slow...
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OP said the welds are top notch but judging by what i can see at the bottom that looks like a horrible job... Steering clear of this one and just waiting on ft86 speedfactory....
EpicNameBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
geeang

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNameBro View Post
OP said the welds are top notch but judging by what i can see at the bottom that looks like a horrible job... Steering clear of this one and just waiting on ft86 speedfactory....
Just FYI everyone, in the photo there was clear tape around every opening/port for shipping (so the packing peanuts wouldn't get inside the header).

What you're seeing is just tape, I stand by my statement when I say the welds are top notch.
geeang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to geeang For This Useful Post:
EpicNameBro (12-26-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Sultan header was one of the first along with BGibbs and we have refined the jig we use to build them similar to the EL. if the issues persisted you would have more than Just Sultan complaining. Beyond the extended leads time you should check on recent orders the ones that were places early on did have really long wait times Nothing compared to Nameless or JDL. We now have headers instock to eliminate the turn around time. We accept our short comings and have moved on making the process better as of recent. So be sure to watch our specific thread for order updates for more recent orders not the ones from the initial release.
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FA20Club.com For This Useful Post:
feldy (12-26-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #19
FA20Club.com
Banned

Also our header is the only modular unit on the market its designed specifically to be upgraded into our turbo kit by simply exchanging the secondary pipe for our turbo up pipe. This is something nobody else offers the community at the moment. This allows those who go FI later on down the line to safe money on our proven turbo kit. Here is a clip of BGibbs ar with the UEL in the turbo kit for those who want to hear it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqNxGY3efA"]FA20CLUB Houston, TX Dyno Dyno - YouTube[/ame]
Old 12-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #20
FA20Club.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
More people should know ab @FA20Club.com n their headers so less people get screwed. And to think I was going to buy their headers fuck that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your best bet is to contact us to check stock prior to ordering as we do have some instock now. But they do sell quickly and are used inside our turbo kits as well. Our header was never built to compete with a 5-600.00 header it is modular and provides the upside to be upgraded to our turbo kit. We have tuned Borla Revworks Agency JDL P&L etc and most of the headers all eliminate the tq dip. The EL ones do create a significant TQ spike in the same area in NA form though.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
cb7tuner

Drives: 2013 whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Not a single issue from my fa20club turbo kit either. Perfect fitment and beautiful welds all around :-)
cb7tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cb7tuner For This Useful Post:
twag4 (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #22
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
Your best bet is to contact us to check stock prior to ordering as we do have some instock now. But they do sell quickly and are used inside our turbo kits as well. Our header was never built to compete with a 5-600.00 header it is modular and provides the upside to be upgraded to our turbo kit. We have tuned Borla Revworks Agency JDL P&L etc and most of the headers all eliminate the tq dip. The EL ones do create a significant TQ spike in the same area in NA form though.
Never said it was made to compete with the lower cost headers. But the fact you guys just beat around the bush with wait times is ridiculous. Do you honestly think that is good customer service? Quoting 1-2 weeks then you guys keep pushing it back when you guys probably very well knew it was going to take that long is bullshit. You honestly think people will want to pay for a header when a customer like the OP states he was quoted 1-2 weeks then he had to keep calling you guys ever 1-2 weeks to get an update. I cant imagine doing that for 5-6 months and you guys keep bullshitting. Have you guys maybe ever thought of just telling the truth? I bet anything you guys knew it would take 5-6 months to build but hid that from the customer because you guys were afraid you guys would lose sales/push people away because of the wait time. So instead of telling the truth you guys lie and tell customers 1-2 weeks just so you guys can get their money even if it takes 6 months to build. This reminds me of how SRT treated their customers but atleast you guys are keeping in contact. You would think other vendors would learn from bad vendors like them.

For the price point you guys have it set at, I would much rather just get an HKS header or wait for Nameless. Making customers wait like that and not even let them know how long it would take is stupid. If you guys knew it would take 6 months fucking say so. instead of saying 1-2 more weeks just so you dont piss off the customer. Hell I would be even more pissed if that same thing happened to me for 6 months where I need to contact you guys every 2 weeks because you guys say 1-2 more weeks and you guys lie about it for 6 months. Shit like this reminds me of SRT and how they treated their customers. Fuck that.

"Are they worth the wait? Yes if you were waiting 1-2 months. But right now that's a big NO since it seems current wait times range between 5-6 months. The wait time would not have seemed so bad if I knew up front that's how long it would take, but after being quoted 1-2 weeks at the start, it really just left a sour taste in my mouth having to chase an update every week or two. "
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
86KEEBS (12-27-2013), EpicNameBro (12-27-2013), Knickstape (12-28-2013), mike_ekim1024 (12-27-2013), rhythmM (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #23
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Drives: Raven FRS 6mt
Garage
I agree with FR-SIZZLE 100%! If I was told there would be a 5-6month wait time from the start, it wouldnt be so bad, only because Ive heard good things about the company. But being told 2 weeks every 2 weeks for 5 months is just plain stupid! I had to demand a refund before they actually sent it out. Atleast I have a tracking number for something... Ill find out next week if I finally get it. And see if it fits...
86KEEBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #24
FA20Club.com
Banned

You have your tracking so you should be able to tell where your package is
Old 12-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
FR-Sizzle

Quote:
Sultan header was one of the first along with BGibbs and we have refined the jig we use to build them similar to the EL. if the issues persisted you would have more than Just Sultan complaining. Beyond the extended leads time you should check on recent orders the ones that were places early on did have really long wait times Nothing compared to Nameless or JDL. We now have headers instock to eliminate the turn around time. We accept our short comings and have moved on making the process better as of recent. So be sure to watch our specific thread for order updates for more recent orders not the ones from the initial release.

No one ever said long wait times were a problem. Its you guys LYING/BULLSHITTING the customer is what the problem is. What I dont get is how you guys have a shorter wait time now and made the op wait 5 months and the people who ordered recently are probably getting them just as soon as the OP

, but the customer who waited 5 months didnt even get his header shipped yet till now when you guys claim you guys have ones in stock now. Honestly WTF were you guys doing for 5 months? You make him wait that long then all of a sudden after his gets sent out you guys have plenty in stock. I wouldnt trust a word coming from you guys after the OP's incident. That type of service is just flat out wrong. No customer should be forced to constantly nag a vendor when their product they paid for is ready, You guys should be the ones responsible for updating the customer. If you quoted 1-2 weeks and 2 weeks have passed you should be the ones who call the customer to let them know it will be a couple months instead. Especially when people are paying what you guys are asking for. If I drop 1000 dollars on a header, I would expect EXCELLENT customer service than what vendors that cost half as less. The way you treated the OP reminds me of Vividracing/Agency Power/SRT. Then it not being sent out until he demanded a refund then after it get sent out you guys just seem to magically have a bunch in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86KEEBS View Post
I agree with FR-SIZZLE 100%! If I was told there would be a 5-6month wait time from the start, it wouldnt be so bad, only because Ive heard good things about the company. But being told 2 weeks every 2 weeks for 5 months is just plain stupid! I had to demand a refund before they actually sent it out. Atleast I have a tracking number for something... Ill find out next week if I finally get it. And see if it fits...
Thats ridiculous you had to demand a refund in order for it to get shipped. Makes me think they just didn't care for making your header at all and probably used your money on other things while brushing you off to the side.

Like I dont get how they keep saying 1-2 weeks for so long and the 5th month passes by and then you demand a refund and magically they send it out. Like honestly that just makes me think they had a header ready but chose not to send it out for unknown reasons. Glad you made this review. I was about to order their header too. But this basically says that they dont care about the customer when they should of been updating you, instead of you chasing them around to get an update. Looks like I'll wait on nameless or get the HKS instead.

Last edited by FR-Sizzle; 12-31-2013 at 09:23 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
86KEEBS (01-02-2014), SmsAlSuwaidi (01-03-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #26
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Drives: Raven FRS 6mt
Garage
Go Nameless! I have their over/front pipe and axleback and I am VERY pleased with Nameless in every way possible! Great group of guys, fast response times, informative (they have a pop up on their website that u can talk directly to someone) quality is top notch, instructions are even awesome. I dont know HKS, but Ive never been happier with nameless!
Header update: Got everything and it all fits! Longest 2 weeks of my life!
86KEEBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 AM   #27
FR-Sizzle

I have a feeling what FA20club did was that they waited for a lot of people to order the headers and they didnt start building them until they had X amount of orders for the headers.

I have no idea how they make them but they probably have a really good manufacturer over seas that they can rely on to do a good job when it comes to quality control. They probably waited for a lot of people to order the headers so they can just do one large order to save money. Which is why the OP probably had to wait 5-6 months to get his headers sent out. I mean what company doesnt do that now? Some companies dont but usually smaller vendors will find ways to cut costs. I doubt it is hard to find a good place over seas that will build your headers to your specifications. I mean if you find a cheap ass place then obviously you should expect different but if they find a good manufacture over seas that cost a little bit more but do a great job then why not? Only they would know about it too no one else. Just look at Agency Power/Vivid. They claim its all made in house, but in reality they jsut design it in house and have it made over seas which people caught them lying about on other forums and were exposed.

So say they waited 3-4 months for orders to pile on and then they use all that money they made from the orders and have the company over seas build the headers. Fact is over seas production is WAY cheaper and I am sure you can find great whole salers over seas that cost a little more than usual. And no matter what even if you pay for top of the line production it will more than likely be cheaper than any sort of manufacturing done in the states. Greddy, HKS and many other companies do this with very little problems. Only a couple vendors come to mind that make it in house, Nameless is one of them. But I wouldnt believe a single word from FA20club. They probably have them made over seas which is why it took them so long to have it sent out and they now magically have so many headers available.

Like honestly if they made them and sent it out as they are made I am sure the OP would of gotten his long ago. JDL is one that comes to mind that takes a while but they are atleast HONEST about it. I dont think I have heard of one review that has said that they were told 1-2 weeks for 6 months like how the OP was treated.

As much as we all hate it when vendors have products made over seas, the truth is you can find some VERY good companies over seas who will do a good job. I am sure you can find a company who will hand weld headers for you like how we all love them welds on headers. It probably costs more than the typical machine welded headers you see from like Borla but no matter what the cost of a factory who has the headers made/welded by hand would still be cheaper than what it costs here by a lot. That is the only thing I can think of why the OP had to wait so long. It makes sense that it would take that long since they like any other company would rather have a big order than to have a bunch of small orders. Like one poster in here had bad fitment and if they were made in house, I dont see how that is possible as that is a huge loss right there if it were made in house. You rarely see headers that are made in house have problems like that, but when you have headers made over seas even if its by a good company that costs a little more mistakes still happen, but not in as big of numbers as say Borla. Borla probably has theirs done for really cheap since they have a lifetime warranty and as we all saw many customers had to send theirs back. But they still profit since the production over seas is extremely cheap. Being that cheap means lots of problems when it comes to qualtiy control. FA20Club probably just paid a little more for a reputable company overseas to produce the headers. Because their will be quality control issues for anything made over seas, just depends on how much you pay and who produces is will determine how many bad products will come off the line whether its fitment or bad welds or whatever.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #28
Starscream15

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ - DGM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Your best bet is to contact us to check stock prior to ordering as we do have some instock now. But they do sell quickly and are used inside our turbo kits as well..
Andy,

If I'm reading this correctly, you are saying that from time to time there are "Some in stock, that are sold quickly".. Then how is it that I've still not received mine? It's been 6 months?

Infuriating.
Starscream15 is offline   Reply With Quote