follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #225
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just hate to see a decent discussion thread get brought down by the same useless drivel we have seen in other threads. If tuners have issues with pricing take it up with the manufacturer, that is what I do in my day job... I know a couple Ecutek tuners, they tune cars to the best of their ability and don't make up excuses about doing crappy tunes because they aren't making enough money off it. Nobody is forcing anyone to use any tuning solution.

If the mods though the content was okay they would have left it. People liked the post I made for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
I hope that was somehow an em-powering experience for you...

Shiv speaks to the main problem with the ECUTek Experience, and the reason alot of the tuners I have spoken with are so Excited about the OFT and ECUflash developments, They cannot provide a service to their customers at a reasonable price point because the "product" they use to tune eats up most of the price point, Tuners (usually) don't want all of your money, they want to provide a good service at a fair price, and with the exceedingly high price point ECUTek demands, that means they have to work for peanuts if they are to spend the amount of time necessary to properly tune each customer's car. I know of one tuner local to me who is a "ECUTek Master tuner" who won't tune a BRZ/FRS if it is N/A simply because the cost to the customer to do so is unfair, he is one of the Tuners who want to be able to be proud of every tune he sells. Not sell a thousand tunes and hope they all kinda work OK.

Shiv in no way bashed the product's capabilities, clarifying that it is an issue of the tuner not the software that caused the drivability issues, since no tuners were named or blamed for the haphazard tuning, I believe his post stands as a true warning to what type of tuning experience you should seek to avoid.

I can think of no-better place to air such concerns than a Thread which has the attention of ECUTek themselves, when we are on the (eternal) cusp of some large announcement. It is only fair that the people who run the company know (honestly) what the single largest complaint from their own "master tuners" is... and no you won't hear (publicly) any of the "Master Tuners" say this, as they have business interests to protect and currently, ECUTek is the most stable and available platform for tuning our beloved cars.

If ECUTek really wants to support and not feed off our community they will bring the pricepoint down to a level that is feasible for the offerings of the product, show some appreciation for the people selling and tuning the product, and hopefully, rethink their current assignment of the label "Master Tuner" to any haphazard SCHMUCK that can muster up enough money for the initial buy-in...

Report away, I'm not a vendor...just a run of the mill troll.
You aren't a vendor of a competing product, you are free to say whatever you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to xwd For This Useful Post:
vgi (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #226
350matt

Drives: toyota mr2/ Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hang on tho

I thought the point of the ECUtek business plan was that a master tuner spends a lot of time on his or her tune - to get it up to the point where its valid for sale and then can sell that tune on - if they've done good job on the 1st car and know their stuff they should only then have to spend an hour or so tweaking that turn for individual cars if at all

ECUtek just provides the tool for the job they're not responsible for the tune that gets released

you purchase said tool and license keys and then make your money back on selling the tune to the customer
here in the UK a typical tune / reflash / rechip is about £500 if there's not much hardware to be added ( as in this case ) regardless of the platform / software involved

so this would be about $850 and aren't you guys paying a lot less than that?

if you need an aftermarket ECU then obviously this will be lot more
The Following User Says Thank You to 350matt For This Useful Post:
Kodename47 (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #227
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Apoc (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #228
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Well, once again valuable info was deleted because someone got offended. Nice work... Should just close it and let Ecutek start their own thread when they are truly ready to announce something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #229
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel67 View Post
Well, once again valuable info was deleted because someone got offended. Nice work... Should just close it and let Ecutek start their own thread when they are truly ready to announce something.

I seriously saw nothing wrong with what was being posted. No one was bashing, no one was calling out one vendor or product or tuner in particular. There were opinions being thrown out on how and why tuners use certain functions of the software and giving pros and cons to each. That information being out there lets us, the consumers get an idea based off the information provided what we think would work best for our application.

But as @pixel67 said, someone got offended. That's what I see most days. Not the people saying things causing problems, but the close minded individuals who get offended by what people say because they believe they have a right not to be offended. To all those people, no offense, but f*ck off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
clayrush (12-01-2013), SkullWorks (12-01-2013), Turdinator (12-03-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #230
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

The argument over SD and MAF is like a Mac vs PC argument. It didn't belong in here, and there is no real correct answer. It depends on the setup of the car, the tuner, and the goals.

I don't see how the information posted would end in anything but bans/threadlock if a moderator didn't intervene early on. This is completely due to the context of the thread IMO.

Just because you get tuners arguing doesn't mean its valuable information, each is trying to preserve their business and services. Both sides of the argument were this way.

Awaiting any new info on ecutek features/announcements
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #231
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
The argument over SD and MAF is like a Mac vs PC argument. It didn't belong in here, and there is no real correct answer. It depends on the setup of the car, the tuner, and the goals.

I don't see how the information posted would end in anything but bans/threadlock if a moderator didn't intervene early on. This is completely due to the context of the thread IMO.

Just because you get tuners arguing doesn't mean its valuable information, each is trying to preserve their business and services. Both sides of the argument were this way.

Nothing really belongs in here as Sema has come and gone. The conversation I saw a few days ago was civil and informative for those of us who are learning the differences between a "PC and a MAC". ;-) Just hate to see the sharing of knowledge go down the tubes once again.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #232
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Nothing really belongs in here as Sema has come and gone. The conversation I saw a few days ago was civil and informative for those of us who are learning the differences between a "PC and a MAC". ;-) Just hate to see the sharing of knowledge go down the tubes once again.
Yeah, when there is a habit of deleting good info, only a select few learns anything. I completely missed out this time.

I've had to save a copy of quite a few different discussions of late, because I know some people honestly need professional help with regards to their emotional instability. All this does is stop people from learning, idiocracy at its best, god damn electrolytes for all.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #233
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post

The discussion may not have belonged in this thread but it should have been moved not deleted. EcuTek is capable of creating their own threads if they need to make announcements it's not as though this is the only thread they can post in. This forum really is lacking when it comes to real discussion about tuning platforms and options.

Closed Thread