follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
86black

Drives: Low and slow
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2014 bespoke headunit with aha questions??

Hey wondering if you guys had similar situations and possible answers. I just recently purchased the new 2014 headunit with aha. Huge upgrade from my old bespoke. But a couple things I haven't got to work yet such as the text message. I don't see options on my phone or the menu to sync?? Also pandora is no longer an option like the old bespoke? I guess I need the other entune extension box to make that work? I know Bluetooth works it's just that when I plug it into my USB it defaults to my iPod instead of my pandora that is playing currently. Any inputs or suggestions to make it work would be great. I already to tried to search but it's mostly people complaining about the old radio.
Phone is a iphone 5s

Thanks

Last edited by 86black; 11-24-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention what phone I have
86black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Calavera

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Enable show notifications on iPhone Bluetooth settings for text. Pandora only on Bluetooth with no way around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
86black

I think I got it on the text. I enabled something on the Bluetooth. It only says for notifications hopefully for text. That sucks about pandora. I lost xm and got used to pandora and now I have to get used to aha -____- Scion has made me jump through more hoops to enjoy my car as a daily.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86black View Post
I think I got it on the text. I enabled something on the Bluetooth. It only says for notifications hopefully for text. That sucks about pandora. I lost xm and got used to pandora and now I have to get used to aha -____- Scion has made me jump through more hoops to enjoy my car as a daily.
just play pandora thru bluetooth. same thing. all the app did was require it to b physically connected instead
lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
arashishozen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I still got the old bespoke... and I have a Android phone... so it doesn't work really at all. Bluetooth works with it but that's it. Lol. I want a 14' aha..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
86black

Yea I know. It was good b/c it didn't play any commercials when it was plugged in as an app. Btw the text message didn't work. Any other suggestions?
Old 11-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
Calavera

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
2014 bespoke headunit with aha questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86black View Post
Yea I know. It was good b/c it didn't play any commercials when it was plugged in as an app. Btw the text message didn't work. Any other suggestions?
The headunit will notify you when you have a text and read it to you. It will not allow you to type a reply. At least that's what it does for me and my iPhone 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
86black

I figured thats how it works. I'll just see if someone can text me while my phone is connected to the car.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #9
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
Im going to put this here for anyone else that google searches how to get head unit to read txt.

My 2013 brz and iPhone 4 had no issues reading txt automatically so when i got my 14 I noticed the differences in the units and that my txts didn't just pop up like before. (actually the phone made no sound while connected via bluetooth and I found that annoying)

so if you have a bespoke head unit and an iPhone 5 and you want the car to read your text messages here is what you need to do.

(sync car and phone of corse)

under SETTINGS menu
go to BLUETOOTH
tap the blue info button next to car multimedia

the notifications button was off by default on my phone.

slide that over to look like this:

now your car should read your txt.

hope this was broken down enough for anyone
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ftc~brz For This Useful Post:
sklimo (09-02-2014)