follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #15
PSJohnDoe

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So far, what I've seen of upgraded models of the twins haven't been very impressive. Between the 10 series and the tS models, I don't like the way they're allocating the additional money from the inflated price. Personally, I'd much rather see them offer a factory menu where you can pick and choose the upgrades than give us what they think we want.
Upgraded 10 series push to start and dual climate? Yes, please.
Upgraded headlights and fogs? Yes, please.
Lit badges, Scion logo projectors, and kid's lightsaber inspired shifter knob? No, thank you.

It's time to turn dealerships into automobile dispensing Burger Kings.
PSJohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #16
Anaxilus
Banned

Drives: They have four wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJohnDoe View Post
So far, what I've seen of upgraded models of the twins haven't been very impressive. Between the 10 series and the tS models, I don't like the way they're allocating the additional money from the inflated price. Personally, I'd much rather see them offer a factory menu where you can pick and choose the upgrades than give us what they think we want.
Upgraded 10 series push to start and dual climate? Yes, please.
Upgraded headlights and fogs? Yes, please.
Lit badges, Scion logo projectors, and kid's lightsaber inspired shifter knob? No, thank you.

It's time to turn dealerships into automobile dispensing Burger Kings.
You obviously haven't been following actual 86 development much, so allow me to educate you.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...809-2rleu.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y18bo5IYE50"]86 TRD Griffon Concept 2nd test - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFHgbe0Epw"]86 TRD Griffon Concept(タイãƒ*アタックãƒ*ービー) - YouTube[/ame]

Those others are special edition packages, not 'upgrades. The upgraded 86 isn't out till 2015 at the earliest.

And why the hell would you ever eat at Burgerking??
____

Smoke the twins all over? I swear, some comments are from people that don't know why they bought an 86 or don't own one. I highly doubt that fat blob Civic is going to even best the Renault's magical/questionable Nur time. See if it can even keep up w/ the 2015 300hp Golf R w/ 4 motion and DSG or next years 3100lb Mustang that's just a bit bigger than the 86.

The rest of us that own an 86 and know what we bought and what it can do don't give a rat's ass about the Civic Type R. I also don't care about any car over 2800lbs for a DD personally. The next Stang is still 300lbs over my threshold.
Anaxilus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anaxilus For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (09-12-2013), xia (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #17
PSJohnDoe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post
You obviously haven't been following actual 86 development much, so allow me to educate you.

Those others are special edition packages, not 'upgrades. The upgraded 86 isn't out till 2015 at the earliest.

____
Sorry, I was using this definition of upgrade...

Quote:
up·grade [n. uhp-greyd; adj., adv. uhp-greyd; v. uhp-greyd, uhp-greyd] Show IPA noun, adjective, adverb, verb, up·grad·ed, up·grad·ing.
noun
an incline going up in the direction of movement.
an increase or improvement: an upgrade in the year's profit forecast.
a new version, improved model, etc.: The company is offering an upgrade of its sports sedan.
an increase or improvement in one's service, accommodations, privileges, or the like: If the ship isn't full we'll receive an upgrade to a deluxe stateroom.
something, as a piece of equipment, that serves to improve or enhance: a full range of upgrades available for your computer.
While we're at it, let me introduce you to another definition...

Quote:
a·nal·o·gy [uh-nal-uh-jee] Show IPA
noun, plural a·nal·o·gies.
a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.
similarity or comparability: I see no analogy between your problem and mine.
Biology . an analogous relationship.
Linguistics .
a.
the process by which words or phrases are created or re-formed according to existing patterns in the language, as when shoon was re-formed as shoes, when -ize is added to nouns like winter to form verbs, or when a child says foots for feet.
b.
a form resulting from such a process.
Logic. a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.
The Following User Says Thank You to PSJohnDoe For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #18
Anaxilus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJohnDoe View Post
Sorry, I was using this definition of upgrade...

While we're at it, let me introduce you to another definition...

No, not really. You're obfuscating your strawman comparison to save e-peen face. Let me introduce you to something the Greeks the came up w/ a couple thousand years ago.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic"]Logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

If you knew anything about it, you wouldn't be talking about analogies and logic in the same sentence. Feel free to look up incoherent, fallacious, uninformed, insecure, nutrition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anaxilus For This Useful Post:
Ashybone (10-10-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #19
PSJohnDoe

Garage
Alright back to the original topic, clearly his e-peen is greater than mine.

Let me know if you need the definition of sarcasm, I'll PM you.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #20
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...809-2rleu.html

____

Smoke the twins all over? I swear, some comments are from people that don't know why they bought an 86 or don't own one. I highly doubt that fat blob Civic is going to even best the Renault's magical/questionable Nur time. See if it can even keep up w/ the 2015 300hp Golf R w/ 4 motion and DSG or next years 3100lb Mustang that's just a bit bigger than the 86.

The rest of us that own an 86 and know what we bought and what it can do don't give a rat's ass about the Civic Type R. I also don't care about any car over 2800lbs for a DD personally. The next Stang is still 300lbs over my threshold.
none of the what the factory backed race car you showed is available through a dealership so i think his point is a valid one. and this civic is all but guaranteed to smoke the twins. when it comes down to your speculation vs hondas, ill take honda but even then i realize it doesnt take much to be faster than the frs. some people are okay with that and dont get offended when people bring information about new cars to the table. the frs is great for what it is but its not unreasonable for a company to make a faster car.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #21
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Drives: 13 FRS -399lb, 11 335is, 05 Tiburon
Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,765 Posts
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:
Ashybone (10-10-2013), brownboi (09-13-2013), Diode Dynamics (09-12-2013), Mr. (09-16-2013), PSJohnDoe (09-12-2013), R3d (09-12-2013), Tim_Asphalt_FRS (09-12-2013), Turbowned (09-16-2013), WolfpackS2k (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #22
R3d

Drives: White FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong337 View Post
If it had to be a Civic... my choice would be this

same
R3d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R3d For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #23
Anaxilus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
none of the what the factory backed race car you showed is available through a dealership so i think his point is a valid one. and this civic is all but guaranteed to smoke the twins. when it comes down to your speculation vs hondas, ill take honda but even then i realize it doesnt take much to be faster than the frs. some people are okay with that and dont get offended when people bring information about new cars to the table. the frs is great for what it is but its not unreasonable for a company to make a faster car.
First, you're wrong. The TRD side fins and quite a few other parts on the Griffon are available but that's besides the point. It's a platform for development of future product and modification, and to also show what the chassis is capable of for tuners and racers.

Second, 'bringing information' about a new car doesn't usually include saying unknown model X wrapped up in camo is going 'smoke' the twins. Do you also rely on crystal balls and Tarot cards for your data analysis? The Fiesta ST and Mustang don't 'smoke' the twins. However you decide to define 'smoke'.

Third, I'll pay attention when Honda actually makes something faster than their decades old CRX and Integra Type R. Could be soon since they are done effing around w/ robots and planes now. Still more than a year off from Formula 1. Regardless, while you salivate over Honda vaporware, I'm content to enjoy my 86 over the next few years living in the here and now. Real cars smoke ones that don't exist or can't be bought.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #24
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
Sorry, but still a Fail-Wheel-Drive...
Wow... a thread involving a FWD car where someone points out, in the first couple replies, that the comparison car is FWD? Never seen that one on this forum before...
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DylanFRS For This Useful Post:
Ashybone (10-10-2013), n2oinferno (09-13-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #25
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
aside from this being another rwd/gt86 fanboy, fwd haters dream, its pretty cool that honda seems to care again.
Yep, it's been a while since Honda appeard to care about affordable sporty cars. Now about that S2000...

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #26
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I think this is good news. The more the merrier That said, would this car even be sold in the US?
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #27
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
Wow... a thread involving a FWD car where someone points out, in the first couple replies, that the comparison car is FWD? Never seen that one on this forum before...
This is a comparison thread. Obviously you haven't been on here long enough to understand that.

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
GMU-BRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
The ass end jumped out at me as being somewhat similar to the WRX spy shots we've been seeing. Maybe it's just the huge damn wing.. Dunno.
GMU-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote