follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #2773
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedichimp View Post
His thread in case there is anyone who has been living under a rock and hasn't seen it: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40726
My bad. I'm one of those guys. I don't check out FR-S stuff much. Thanks!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #2774
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Well Canadians. Looks like it is true. The Pioneer Upgraded Audio I ordered did not come with vehicle. It has been sitting at port for over a month waiting for one. They don't make them anymore.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
Brently (07-24-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #2775
Brently
Grey Wind

Drives: FR-S 10 Series #0065
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
My new $2,000.00 FRS 10 Series headlights are at the dealership. I'm picking them up on Saturday. They also came with the appropriate car attached to them. Nice.

So, my grandma Reynolds was always saying 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.' I wish she was still alive, because I'd really like to ask her what she suggests for when life gives you Chlamydia.--Veronica Mars
Brently is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brently For This Useful Post:
jpky16 (07-24-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #2776
southbaym3

Drives: e36 m3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brently View Post
My new $2,000.00 FRS 10 Series headlights are at the dealership. I'm picking them up on Saturday. They also came with the appropriate car attached to them. Nice.

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing I paid 2000.00 for some toyota headlights
southbaym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #2777
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaym3 View Post

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing I paid 2000.00 for some toyota headlights
Some can't sleep at night knowing they have the most god-awful stock headlights, either.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #2778
donju99

Drives: FR-S 10 Series M/T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaVanilla View Post
Hi guys, I'm new, but I've been following this particular thread for a while. Finally felt the need to ask because I'm worried my dealership has been jerking me around for a while.

Is anyone on here from the DC area, and has gotten ahold of a manual transmission 10 series? The dealership I put my deposit down with almost two months ago originally said it would be in the first week of July. However now its the 24th and still no VIN or definite arrival date. They also had been saying that it would be coming into port at Newark, NJ. However the most recent update I got from them had said New York (and still no arrival date at the dealership).

To make matters worse I talked to another dealership that pulled up the list of all the 10 series being shipped to the area, and told me that the dealership I put my deposit down at isn't on that list. He even showed it to me. Luckily, he let me reserve one at his for no charge, but theirs isn't in until mid August.

Basically, just wondering if anyone has a manual transmission on hold in the DC area and knows when they are getting it, or if anyone around here has one already.
I am in Northern Virginia. I have a MT reserved and put a deposit down and received my VIN on 3 May. I was told the car was enroute to New York (the actual port is Bayonne, NJ) and would arrive on 19 Jun. I tracked the ship (CETUS LEADER) that carried the car and watched it arrive on 18 Jun. The dealer told me it would be at the port for a few days and then trucked to Chantilly, VA and available to me the first week of Jul. As of today, it's still at the port. I read some articles about a shipping company having problems with one of their computer systems that caused delays and miles of backup for auto transports and deliveries, but that was the first week of Jul and has since been corrected. So, I have no idea why it's still there. Also, I've checked around the DC metro area and there's no other 10 series' at this time. The wait goes on...
donju99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #2779
ManilaVanilla

Drives: 2007 Scion tC; 2011 Suzuki GSX-R750
Quote:
Originally Posted by donju99 View Post
I am in Northern Virginia. I have a MT reserved and put a deposit down and received my VIN on 3 May. I was told the car was enroute to New York (the actual port is Bayonne, NJ) and would arrive on 19 Jun. I tracked the ship (CETUS LEADER) that carried the car and watched it arrive on 18 Jun. The dealer told me it would be at the port for a few days and then trucked to Chantilly, VA and available to me the first week of Jul. As of today, it's still at the port. I read some articles about a shipping company having problems with one of their computer systems that caused delays and miles of backup for auto transports and deliveries, but that was the first week of Jul and has since been corrected. So, I have no idea why it's still there. Also, I've checked around the DC metro area and there's no other 10 series' at this time. The wait goes on...
Man, at least you have a VIN. No one seems to be able to give me one at all. Though, I can see how it would probably be very frustrating still for you. Hope we both get our vehicles soon...
ManilaVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #2780
jpky16

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post
Stopped by the local dealer today to have another look at the color both inside and under direct sun. Paint does look fabulous, better than it did at Long Beach. They had three FRS 10s in stock but they all had the stupid bumper damage from careless techs putting on the License plate frames. Spent some time just sitting looking at the car, fooling around inside, I had a moment when I knew it was my next car.

Btw, people not liking the light up badges are just haters. They look sooooo much better in person.

However, I am contemplating putting a darker transparent wrap over the faux silver CF though, it does not look as good as the stock black FRS panels. Sadly, due to a few mixups, my car appears to be a few weeks out still even though I ordered the day of the 10 series announcement.
The "silver" carbon fibre is just a piece of plastic that has been double side taped to the original fake carbon. Original fake carbon still there, just on the light panel a hole has been drilled in so they can run some wires to the circuitry on the lighter panel. I wonder if you could order an original black panel and just mount the electronics to it instead. Not sure its worth my time/money to pay for that though!

Its actually quite sad; the plastic piece over top doesn't even cover the original piece in many places that well; especially around the head unit area.
jpky16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jpky16 For This Useful Post:
Anaxilus (07-25-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #2781
JSMIL

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaVanilla View Post
Hi guys, I'm new, but I've been following this particular thread for a while. Finally felt the need to ask because I'm worried my dealership has been jerking me around for a while.

Is anyone on here from the DC area, and has gotten ahold of a manual transmission 10 series? The dealership I put my deposit down with almost two months ago originally said it would be in the first week of July. However now its the 24th and still no VIN or definite arrival date. They also had been saying that it would be coming into port at Newark, NJ. However the most recent update I got from them had said New York (and still no arrival date at the dealership).

To make matters worse I talked to another dealership that pulled up the list of all the 10 series being shipped to the area, and told me that the dealership I put my deposit down at isn't on that list. He even showed it to me. Luckily, he let me reserve one at his for no charge, but theirs isn't in until mid August.

Basically, just wondering if anyone has a manual transmission on hold in the DC area and knows when they are getting it, or if anyone around here has one already.
I am in Norfolk VA and got a manual. The Dealership I got mine at is getting another manual. if you are interested, contact First Team Scion in Chesapeake VA. And ask for Chris. He delivered mine exactly on the agreed date when I put my deposit down. It did take until the week before delivery to get a VIN, but they delivered.
JSMIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #2782
jpky16

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4life View Post
I'm almost fed up with my dealership. I'd walk away if it wasn't the only Scion dealer within reasonable distance.
-After signing deposit papers on May 15th, they told me a late June delivery.
-Then they pushed it to mid July, then finally they said July 29th guaranteed.

It's on course for delivery next week (fingers crossed) but after multiple visits in which I told them which options I'd like, I was told today that options are locked and its too late to add the one thing I wanted - the spoiler. They said I can give them the car and they can install it later; but seriously, after over two months of being thrown for a loop I'm kinda angry. I know its just the spoiler, but I've waited long enough and they have been completely detached and inconsiderate during this process.

Merr, I just needed to vent
I could understand if it was too late to install port-installed options (e.g. foglights) but the spoiler is something that should be added on by the dealer - it is in Canada anyways.

My guy was able to add the spoiler on a couple of weeks before I was due to get the car and made it so that the spoiler arrived at the same time as the car. Took an extra day for them to put the car on and it was ready to go.

I hope you are able to get what you want out of this.

Disappointing how this has been frustrating for 99% of the people out there?
jpky16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #2783
JSMIL

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  355.1 KB
Clear side markers installed.

Attachment 45572
GT86 exhaust tips installed.

15 minutes of installs, but a huge difference!
JSMIL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JSMIL For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (07-24-2013), jpky16 (07-25-2013), supra2nv (07-25-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #2784
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Where's the best place to buy the clear side markers?
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #2785
Anaxilus
Banned

Drives: They have four wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Soooo....ahem, anyone interested in trying Smoke Plastidip on the dash panels to homogenize the faux silver CF finish and see if the illumination shines through well enough? Works on tail lights....
Anaxilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #2786
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMIL View Post

Attachment 45572
GT86 exhaust tips installed.

15 minutes of installs, but a huge difference!
Exhaust Tip picture does not seem to work, at least for me. I see the side mark picture though. Looks real clean with those and the fogs.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86