follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #2465
jchall30

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm still waiting on my 10 series but I have a Whiteout FRS now. I am wondering if any of you guys that have them already have experienced any of the rear deck popping or general rattles that some of the earlier builds have experienced.
jchall30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #2466
Dsmith1992
10 Series Colorado

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Well i just got the invoice for my frs 10 series just under 32k before sales tax. Looks like all tge options i wanted got installed!
Dsmith1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #2467
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by audixieboy View Post
Well i do have automatic and some add ons. I dont care if i pay a little more for tint or what ever. I dont want my car to sit at some tint place for any amount of time not to mention when I first get it. However I told them to take of Bespoke and they said ok. It will be interesting bc all i have read is how 10 Series have Bespoke. I dont have Iphone and it sounds like u must have it for majority of music options and def for land nav. I think that is ridiculous. Besides I just love love my sirus radio so glad I can just get a nice one from a radio shop. But.... i am betting my car has bespoke when i pick it up. and again. i called all around state of Alabama/ga and saw nothing under 30k for FRS 10 series. so good job to those that got it under that.

PS I THINK THE Glow is BAD ASS
The thing is you aren't paying just $400 (way overpriced), you're paying that amount plus all the extra interest for several years. AND very likely getting a cheap tint that may not age well. To tint my car with professionals took only an hour, cost me $230, and that's high grade Pinnacle F1 tint. They didn't have to disassemble the break light, they knew to tape in the door button to keep the windows rolled up while working on them, etc.

The 10 series head unit has an optional Bespoke module add-on, but its not the same Bespoke head unit that the previous 2013 FR-S had I believe (correct me if I'm wrong others). It does come with an upgraded touch head unit though which is nice.

Lastly, I bought an automatic and while I don't recall the exact price it was a little above 29k before tax. I only had two minor upgrades that were dealer installed, wheel locks and the back bumper applique. So that sounds right for you with all the extra shit the dealer was tossing in.
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #2468
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
The thing is you aren't paying just $400 (way overpriced), you're paying that amount plus all the extra interest for several years. AND very likely getting a cheap tint that may not age well. To tint my car with professionals took only an hour, cost me $230, and that's high grade Pinnacle F1 tint. They didn't have to disassemble the break light, they knew to tape in the door button to keep the windows rolled up while working on them, etc.

The 10 series head unit has an optional Bespoke module add-on, but its not the same Bespoke head unit that the previous 2013 FR-S had I believe (correct me if I'm wrong others). It does come with an upgraded touch head unit though which is nice.

Lastly, I bought an automatic and while I don't recall the exact price it was a little above 29k before tax. I only had two minor upgrades that were dealer installed, wheel locks and the back bumper applique. So that sounds right for you with all the extra shit the dealer was tossing in.
Funny enough. Dealer wanted $400 for window tint and $900 for clear bra (both of these prices were the reduced prices after I told them no twice) . I was recommended to a local tint/clear bra shop and they charged me $180 for tint and $500 for clear bra... The irony was that this is the same shop that does the whole dealer chain (also BMW, Audi, etc) whom I bought me car from.. Crazy markup!
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #2469
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4life View Post
Did you get this price from your dealer from the get go, or did you negotiate that? I'm being told the MSRP for the 10 Series is $28,230 which is $50 more than what is shown on Scion's website.
As far as I remeber you can't negotiate or haggle with the scion pure price crap
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #2470
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Funny enough. Dealer wanted $400 for window tint and $900 for clear bra (both of these prices were the reduced prices after I told them no twice) . I was recommended to a local tint/clear bra shop and they charged me $180 for tint and $500 for clear bra... The irony was that this is the same shop that does the whole dealer chain (also BMW, Audi, etc) whom I bought me car from.. Crazy markup!
Dealer gets $620 profit if you went to them lmfao
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #2471
TRD4life

Drives: 10 Series FRS #1525
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
As far as I remeber you can't negotiate or haggle with the scion pure price crap
Yea I know about pure pricing, but audixieboy, the poster I quoted, said he got his for 26k plus tax, which is far lower than what I'm being told. Just wondering how he got that price. I'm waiting for my car at the moment, dealer said it should be getting here July 29th. But as soon as he gets the VIN, we can set the paperwork in motion. I'm being told $28,230 right now, just wondering how anyone got their's for less than that
TRD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #2472
Obsidiank
10 Series Fanatic

Drives: Scion FR-S 10
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
A common misconception about pure price is that the price on Scion's website is the price you pay. This isn't the case. As described on the site

"Pure Price means that the dealer price you see posted - in an ad, on the dealer's website, or on a menu display board in the dealership - is the price you will pay. This includes vehicles, accessories, and even finance and insurance products."

This means that the dealer still reserves the right to set the price either lower or higher. As long as the dealer charges EVERYONE this price, they are within the rules set by scion. The idea is that you don't go in thinking that one person is paying less or more than you...but this doesn't apply across dealerships.

M/T is 28,180
AT is 29,430

This price includes the destination charge of 775. If someone says they are paying less it could be that they are quoting their price without the destination charge.

TRD4Life, your extra $50 bucks could be the doc fee. A fee that dealerships are allowed to charge to recover costs associated with documentation. This fee is regulated by state. For example, this was my price breakdown

Car including destination $29,430
Doc Fees $ 164
Title and license $ 221
Tax $ 2,816
Total $32,621

Whomever says they paid 26K plus tax is likely not talking about the 10 series because a dealer would have to be a dumbass to let the car out the door more than 10% under msrp.

Quote:
Yea I know about pure pricing, but audixieboy, the poster I quoted, said he got his for 26k plus tax, which is far lower than what I'm being told. Just wondering how he got that price. I'm waiting for my car at the moment, dealer said it should be getting here July 29th. But as soon as he gets the VIN, we can set the paperwork in motion. I'm being told $28,230 right now, just wondering how anyone got their's for less than that
Obsidiank is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Obsidiank For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #2473
#944_10_Series_FRS

Drives: 2013 10 series FRS #944
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
usually, doc fee is negotiable. However, with Scion the dealer might say that they need to charge you & everyone else the same price. Therefore, it is not negotiable. I was not satisfied with this answer. So, I told them that either they give me a break on doc fee or I will walk. They finally give me a rain check for 2 fill up on my FRS. Just bring it in when it is empty and they will fill it up 2 times. My house is about 5 minutes from the dealer, so it isn't that bad.
#944_10_Series_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2474
TRD4life

Drives: 10 Series FRS #1525
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiank View Post
A common misconception about pure price is that the price on Scion's website is the price you pay. This isn't the case. As described on the site

"Pure Price means that the dealer price you see posted - in an ad, on the dealer's website, or on a menu display board in the dealership - is the price you will pay. This includes vehicles, accessories, and even finance and insurance products."

This means that the dealer still reserves the right to set the price either lower or higher. As long as the dealer charges EVERYONE this price, they are within the rules set by scion. The idea is that you don't go in thinking that one person is paying less or more than you...but this doesn't apply across dealerships.

M/T is 28,180
AT is 29,430

This price includes the destination charge of 775. If someone says they are paying less it could be that they are quoting their price without the destination charge.

TRD4Life, your extra $50 bucks could be the doc fee. A fee that dealerships are allowed to charge to recover costs associated with documentation. This fee is regulated by state. For example, this was my price breakdown

Doc Fees $ 164
Title and license $ 221
Tax $ 2,816
Total $32,621

Whomever says they paid 26K plus tax is likely not talking about the 10 series because a dealer would have to be a dumbass to let the car out the door more than 10% under msrp.
Alright, thanks so much for clearing things up! Can't wait til my car gets here, only a couple more weeks!!
TRD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #2475
southbaym3

Drives: e36 m3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiank View Post

M/T is 28,180
AT is 29,430

Doc Fees $ 164
Title and license $ 221
Tax $ 2,816
Total $32,621

employee affiliate discount, 26,053

only one catch, gotta wait another month

southbaym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #2476
Obsidiank
10 Series Fanatic

Drives: Scion FR-S 10
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaym3 View Post
employee affiliate discount, 26,053

only one catch, gotta wait another month

well, there's always that exception...
Obsidiank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #2477
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Smile

Quote:
I smell ignore that I don't think any scion dealer would be stupid enough to offer that at this point when its just about to be released, unless he has some extra discount like being an employee or soldier/veteran or college graduate
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #2478
NiteRunner

Drives: 10 Series FR-S MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Woooo! Picking up my 10 Series tomorrow! Number 116! Pictures to follow!
NiteRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86