follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 09-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
StarshipPoopers

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTB: Stock air filter housing ***Please disregard, purchased one***

***WAS ABLE TO BUY ONE, NO LONGER LOOKING TO BUY***

Probably the least exciting request on here, but I'm pretty happy with my drop-in K&N filter so I'm sticking with the stock intake for the foreseeable future.

I have a special talent of breaking whatever I try to tweak, so while I was fiddling with the install and trying to straighten out one of the halves of the housing that looked slightly warped I snapped one of the alignment tabs. It's still attached and is on the outside of the seal so not an issue right now but it'll probably break off the next time I open it up.

Is anyone who has gone with an aftermarket intake willing to part with their stock intake housing? I'm in the GTA but make regular trips along the 401 & 400 so if you're anywhere in Southern Ontario I could probably pick it up.

Let me know.

Last edited by StarshipPoopers; 11-17-2013 at 10:57 PM.
StarshipPoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Dboe

Drives: 2013 Red FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipPoopers View Post
Probably the least exciting request on here, but I'm pretty happy with my drop-in K&N filter so I'm sticking with the stock intake for the foreseeable future.

I have a special talent of breaking whatever I try to tweak, so while I was fiddling with the install and trying to straighten out one of the halves of the housing that looked slightly warped I snapped one of the alignment tabs. It's still attached and is on the outside of the seal so not an issue right now but it'll probably break off the next time I open it up.

Is anyone who has gone with an aftermarket intake willing to part with their stock intake housing? I'm in the GTA but make regular trips along the 401 & 400 so if you're anywhere in Southern Ontario I could probably pick it up.

Let me know.
I have one, but only half of the insert is intact. (where the rubber inserts go).

It still works if you tighten it down, but the C shape is now a little less distinct.
Dboe is offline   Reply With Quote