|
|
#29 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: Subaru BRZ and AE86 coupe
Location: PNW
Posts: 72
Thanks: 11
Thanked 36 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
It'll be a lot easier to fathom or attempt the idea once I separate from the Navy. Haha.
__________________
Build Threads:
----------------------------- 1985 AE86 Coupe /// 2014 BRZ Limited (soon.. gathering pictures) |
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Weight Weenie
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 5,293
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
|
Cleaning up my subbed threads and ran across this one.
How are we doing out there? 458 days and feeling good! |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
That's great. I've been clean and sober for about 25 years. Although I have a drawer full of AA coins, I never forget that I am an alcoholic. humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,533
Thanks: 883
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,191 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
|
I’ve never been one to drink every night but when I do drink I do it to be drunk. I picked up running about 7 years ago and I’ve become more in tune to the effects drinking, sleeping and eating have on the body. The more serious about running I get the more I push drinking aside and prioritize the running. I can have two beers on a Friday night and go for a run the next day and totally feel the effects of the beer from the night before even though it was only 2 beers. I’ve kind of gotten to the point I hardly drink at all. Being able to wake up at 6am on a Saturday, run 10 miles and still have the whole day left is a great feeling. Partying is fun in the moment but not with it in the long run, even when not being hung over.
Long story short, pick up running. It sucks balls at first but the runners high is a real thing once you get over the hump. God job to all those who are staying sober. |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Weight Weenie
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 5,293
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 | ||
|
Proud of BOXER
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Great to hear man! Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to my 2 year milestone in June!
__________________
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Weight Weenie
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 5,293
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 | |
|
Proud of BOXER
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
|
Today, June 24th 2019, marks 2 years of me not drinking any alcohol. It feels good to no longer be a slave to a substance.
I'm proud to have made it this far, but I also realize that my lifelong goal of abstaining from alcohol has only just begun.
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
You are well on your way - Yep, one day at a time. Soon you will go for weeks then months then years without thinking about it. For me at least, from time to time, I must remind myself, that I am an alcoholic and I can never have another drink. Here is your two year coin from me to you - ![]() humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
Even braver and inspirational is your choice to share here. It's an unexpected place to be openly vulnerable to a global audience. No doubt you have touched many with your story.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 | |
|
Proud of BOXER
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
|
Hope you guys don't mind that I'm going to bump this thread every year. Today makes three years of no alcohol for me!
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
![]() ![]() ![]() Here is your 3rd year coin from me to you - Keep it up - forever -
|
|
|
|
|
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| E85 stations and alcohol content | Sapphireho | Northern California | 15 | 11-08-2016 10:56 PM |
| Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning windows | mcrane | Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) | 22 | 04-22-2016 12:20 PM |
| Alcohol Injection | Ess Vee | Forced Induction | 34 | 01-28-2016 07:43 PM |
| Alcohol Fuel Producer's Permit | Luckrider | Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions | 3 | 01-12-2014 11:36 PM |