|
||||||
| Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#15 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: scion frs
Location: canada
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
im looking for agency power exhaust, any good comments?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Location: OZ
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 603
Thanked 1,224 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
|
You will get zero on that one.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 692
Thanked 917 Times in 538 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
|
Perrin 2.5 unresonated catback sounds pretty damn nice!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
So elite I'm 1338
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Location: California
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 1,835
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
|
I have the HKS Legamax Sports. Still waiting on my FT86SF UEL to get everything on though.
Not expecting a lot of drone/rasp/volume with my set up. FT86SF Cat'd (obviously) UEL, Motiv OP, Motiv Cat'd FP, HKS Legamax Sports CBE |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Junior
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: a car
Location: Probably at school
Posts: 4,341
Thanks: 3,184
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
|
Still an underrated exhaust: the Corsa Catback. Absolutely no drone at all. I have heard all the exhausts in the contemplation thread, and this one took the cake and ate it too.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52874 Edit: I don't own this exhaust either
__________________
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
Last edited by cdrazic93; 05-27-2014 at 02:02 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Driving Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Location: Burleson, TX
Posts: 837
Thanks: 83
Thanked 158 Times in 118 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
From what I've heard this exhaust sounds the closest to stock, but has a slight rumble. I think its a guaranteed no drone catback.
__________________
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.My BRZ |
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Turbo 86
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: GT86
Location: Japan now
Posts: 167
Thanks: 3
Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
I am running Perrin 3" catback exhaust, love it and will stay with it. used to have my N1, it just too loud at 6am, so i sold it.
__________________
10 - 1 = 0
real math |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Yes
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,053
Thanks: 1,630
Thanked 813 Times in 407 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
Ark DT-S is what you're looking for
__________________
"If thy pleaſure be in Underſteere, thou art Weird." - Distraxi
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Wayward Member
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Hot Lava 86
Location: Bust of Pallas
Posts: 3,336
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
|
I've been looking at exhausts a while, but I actually haven't had any because I don't have the money to buy them. At any rate, I'm basically in a similar situation to you and I thought I would share some of what I have discovered. To me, these three exhausts produce similar notes, with their own variations, and all sound pretty good. The nameless axelback, the PERRIN catback, and the Ark Grip/DTS. I have considered all of them, but so far the PERRIN is what's on my wishlist.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '18 STi
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 837
Thanks: 1,315
Thanked 201 Times in 155 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
M7 T-Titan. No drone, no complaints. Similar design to the Invidia N1 except with an unresonated midpipe, sounds very throaty on WOT. Coupled with an UEL Header, the sound will be orgasmic- sounding like a TRUE SUBBIE!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: White 2013 FRS
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 450
Thanks: 441
Thanked 146 Times in 92 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
|
TBH I've heard the Perrin in person many times and I really love it. I think it sounds just as good as my Ark Grip. The one thing I keep hearing from Perrin owners is that it's a little too quiet... but for me that's a plus. Sounds sexy as hell from outside of the car IMO.
Edit: Just as a side note, the Perrin from outside sounds closer to the Grip than the DTS, it's not as deep. Can't recall from interior as it was different days that I've heard the exhaust from inside, but the Perrin is a great sounding exhaust throughout the entire rev range. |
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: Monogram Ultramarine
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Decided and ordered the Perrin 2.5 resonated exhaust along with a Perrin over pipe and HKS front pipe. I think its a good set up and should sound pretty good.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: White 2013 FRS
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 450
Thanks: 441
Thanked 146 Times in 92 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
|
^^It definitely will sound awesome^^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Tags |
| exhausts |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Early X-Mas Shopping sale! (Lip/Exhaust/Test-Pipe/Side Skirts) | JonMotoring | Groupbuys | 23 | 12-23-2013 11:25 PM |
| Those who are still shopping for a BRZ | HapaHaole | Northern California | 1 | 12-21-2013 02:40 PM |
| shopping around for exhaust | beaver_scott | Northwest | 27 | 07-13-2013 01:25 AM |
| The shopping has started! | Captain Snooze | AUSTRALIA | 6 | 12-14-2012 05:19 PM |
| Parts shopping! | Spencer Strayer | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 7 | 12-04-2012 08:57 AM |