follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
pinoyplaya

Drives: WRB MT-BRZ LMTD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My dillema

UPDATE

Okay, so I found a new dealer less than a hundred miles away with the World Rally Blue (WRB) Limited Manual BRZ. The original person that ordered it decided not to get it due to unforseen reasons. The car is yet to be delivered! Not until a week from now or so but for sure next week!. Now, I told them about what the other dealer is offering such as unlimited car washes, 3 years of oil change and power train warranty.

The sales person I spoke with talked to his supervisor and they decided that they will sell the car to me for $300 under MSRP! $27995 or something like that!.

What should I do?!?!?!

Get it? I do like the WRB as well. I think all BRZ colors are all attractive. I seem to like them all except the red one.

=========

Okay. So I preordered a 6M Limited Dark Gray Metallic at my local dealership with a couple of options I wanted such as the auto dimming mirror since I really liked it when I was driving the impreza.

Now, there is a Galaxy Blue Silica (same trim 6M Limited) but with no options instead. The cost of them installing the auto dimming mirrors is twice as the cost Subaru is charging for (the one I preordered).

Here's the thing though. Since the GBS is available now, I can drive it for 2-3 months before it starts snowing and before it goes to storage. Whereas with my preorder, it would arrive just when winter starts (December - February).

And here's another thing, the dealer I preordered the Dark Gray Metallic with offers a lot of incentive for purchasing a car from them. These incentives includes:

- Unlimited Car Wash for the life of the car
- 3 years of free oil change (4 times per year)
- Limited Lifetime Power Terrain Warranty (as long as you keep your car serviced and maintained through them according to the maintenance plan subaru has on the BRZ)

Those are only a few of the incentives they offer for buying the car from them (the dealer I preordered with).

Now, the other dealer doesnt have anything more to offer (the GBS dealer) other than being able to get the car now and drive it off the lot and enjoy it for 2-3 months before storing the car.

So my dillema is....

A.) Get the car from preordered dealer
- Get the BRZ I preordered with the color I want and the options I opted for but get it in the middle of winter (store it for a month or two before being able to drive it).
- Get the free unlimited car wash
- Get the free 3 years of oil change (up to 4 times per year)
- Get the free limited lifetime power terrain warranty (as long as you get the car serviced through them)
- Being able to save up more money (roughly $10k over 3 months and put those savings on top of the down payment)
- Not have to pay insurance until later XD

B.) Get the BRZ from the dealer that already has it
- Not get the color and options I wanted
- Get the drive the car 2-3 months before having to store it for winter

So what to do? It seems like Option A would be the better choice hmmm....

Crap

Last edited by pinoyplaya; 08-03-2012 at 07:35 PM.
pinoyplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinoyplaya For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-03-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'd say wait. Why pay for a car while it sits in the garage through the winter and it not having the options or color you really want?

It will be in the garage and they will call you about the DGM and you will be so upset with yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyplaya View Post
Okay. So I preordered a 6M Limited Dark Gray Metallic at my local dealership with a couple of options I wanted such as the auto dimming mirror since I really liked it when I was driving the impreza.

Now, there is a Galaxy Blue Silica (same trim 6M Limited) but with no options instead. The cost of them installing the auto dimming mirrors is twice as the cost Subaru is charging for (the one I preordered).

Here's the thing though. Since the GBS is available now, I can drive it for 2-3 months before it starts snowing and before it goes to storage. Whereas with my preorder, it would arrive just when winter starts (December - February).

And here's another thing, the dealer I preordered the Dark Gray Metallic with offers a lot of incentive for purchasing a car from them. These incentives includes:

- Limited Lifetime Power Terrain Warranty (as long as you keep your car serviced and maintained through them according to the maintenance plan subaru has on the BRZ)

Those are only a few of the incentives they offer for buying the car from them (the dealer I preordered with).

Now, the other dealer doesnt have anything more to offer (the GBS dealer) other than being able to get the car now and drive it off the lot and enjoy it for 2-3 months before storing the car.

So my dillema is....

A.) Get the car from preordered dealer
- Get the BRZ I preordered with the color I want and the options I opted for but get it in the middle of winter (store it for a month or two before being able to drive it).
- Get the free unlimited car wash
- Get the free 3 years of oil change (up to 4 times per year)
- Get the free limited lifetime power terrain warranty (as long as you get the car serviced through them)
- Being able to save up more money (roughly $10k over 3 months and put those savings on top of the down payment)
- Not have to pay insurance until later XD

B.) Get the BRZ from the dealer that already has it
- Not get the color and options I wanted
- Get the drive the car 2-3 months before having to store it for winter

So what to do? It seems like Option A would be the better choice hmmm....

Crap
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
SWPBRZ415

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would go for A, sounds like thats the smart move.
SWPBRZ415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

I chose to wait many weeks and still waiting because I didn't want the BRZ the dealer had even though it was WRB 6MT Limited because it had 61 miles on it. Absolutely no regrets, and once I get the BRZ I will have a clear mind and not wonder whether I should have waited if I bought the one with 61 miles.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
Mr. Mcoupe

Drives: ExigeS,M3,S2k,MCpe,MR2T,T4R,Sienna
Sus Maria!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
pinoyplaya

GG I guess I'll wait...

I want my BRZ to look like this

The Following User Says Thank You to pinoyplaya For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #7
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

hmm, I'd think you'd want to wash your car yourself...
but the oil change sounds nice.

Now about this "Limited Lifetime Power Terrain Warranty"; should that read Power Train warranty, and if so what are the details on that? usually those limited warranties only cover manufacturer defects
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #8
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Option A for sure! It'll be that much sweeter when you get it!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Their service will be too costly. They would give that option to anyone because those limited lifetime warranty are very profitable to the dealership. The standard Subaru warranty is good and you could always extend that warranty (through Subaru) when the original warranty is almost up.

"Get the free limited lifetime power terrain warranty (as long as you get the car serviced through them)"
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
FYI - since you mentioned the mirror, if anyone else is interested in it - get the mirror from one of the vendors that sells it for less than MSRP, then install it yourself - it's not that difficult. The dealership charges you a lot more for it (unless it's on the original order) because of their standard labor charge that they hit you with.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
BoxeRZ

Drives: 13LTDWRBBRZ6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
If you can actually "SAVE" $10k over a 3 month period of time, you should not have to worry about the cost of this car. That means you will make $40k cash a year after ALL of your expenses ie taxes, rent/mortgage, insurance, utilities, food, god forbid you have kids. I think you need to reevaluate how much money you really spend. If this is true you should be buying a Porsche, or at least the BRZ %100 STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxeRZ View Post
If you can actually "SAVE" $10k over a 3 month period of time, you should not have to worry about the cost of this car. That means you will make $40k cash a year after ALL of your expenses ie taxes, rent/mortgage, insurance, utilities, food, god forbid you have kids. I think you need to reevaluate how much money you really spend. If this is true you should be buying a Porsche, or at least the BRZ %100 STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!
Good point, but given how low interests rates are at some banks, it may not always be the best move to pay for the car in cash. Your money may earn considerably more elsewhere.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
pinoyplaya

Please read the update XD

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I do my own oil changes under warranty anyway. Those car washes suck. Powertrain should have a 5 year/60k mile warranty anyway. What the dealer is offering you is garbage IMO.

$300 off MSRP = $300 in your pocket. Can't go wrong with WRB.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
pinoyplaya (08-04-2012)