follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
SkitterSkotter

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fed up with Scion

I swear I have the absolute worst dealer in the country. First off, I put down $1k (how much they required) to get on the list and order my manual hot lava FR-S. Well I have been completely left in the dark and told no information regarding when I get my car, what its current status is, my vin number, any information at all. Second, my jackass of a salesman has yet to contact me, even after I've visited the dealership twice in person to straighten this whole mess out. Lastly, I go to the dealership today and I talk to the general manager and now he is saying that I won't get my car until July and that he wants to keep it in the showroom for a while so people can look at it. I'm about ready to flip out and completely give up on this dealership. I've never been more frustrated and for this being my first new car, I'm getting completely fucked over.

This car better be worth the wait because as far as buying it has gone, I would NEVER again deal with any part of scion and their continual bullshit they give me. ahhhhhhhhhh so mad right now /rant.
SkitterSkotter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SkitterSkotter For This Useful Post:
Minovsky (06-07-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Find a different dealer.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quentin For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (06-07-2012), Oilers99 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitterSkotter View Post
I swear I have the absolute worst dealer in the country. First off, I put down $1k (how much they required) to get on the list and order my manual hot lava FR-S. Well I have been completely left in the dark and told no information regarding when I get my car, what its current status is, my vin number, any information at all. Second, my jackass of a salesman has yet to contact me, even after I've visited the dealership twice in person to straighten this whole mess out. Lastly, I go to the dealership today and I talk to the general manager and now he is saying that I won't get my car until July and that he wants to keep it in the showroom for a while so people can look at it. I'm about ready to flip out and completely give up on this dealership. I've never been more frustrated and for this being my first new car, I'm getting completely fucked over.

This car better be worth the wait because as far as buying it has gone, I would NEVER again deal with any part of scion and their continual bullshit they give me. ahhhhhhhhhh so mad right now /rant.
That sucks dude. I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience. Like Quentin said, find another dealer. Also, there's a thread somewhere with the regional manager contact info. In my experience, they've been helpful.

Brett
Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
SkitterSkotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
That sucks dude. I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience. Like Quentin said, find another dealer. Also, there's a thread somewhere with the regional manager contact info. In my experience, they've been helpful.

Brett
Cool, thanks for the advice man. I will look into that for sure. I just wanted the buying experience to be a bit more professional. Perhaps it's because I'm young, but they seem to give me no respect nor do they act like they even care if they make the sale or not.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
If your car isn't due until July it probably hasn't been built yet, so there would be no VIN to give you.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
sastexan

Drives: '13 FR-S Ultramarine manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealers won't get VINs until the port releases the cars, I don't think. And that isn't happening for another week.
'11 Odyssey EX-L - familymobile and hauler - food-encrusted carpets and other appropriate features
sastexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
raphymartinez

Drives: 2013 FR-S
There must be another Toyota/Scion dealership that you can go to. That is just ridiculous. "Keep it in the showroom"? it's your car geez...
There's no reason at all why you should have to deal with customer service that mediocre. Contact the regional rep, explain the situation and choose another dealership to pick up your FR-S at. Maybe they can even have it for you sooner than July
Old 05-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
Smitty_89

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
according to the link below, there are 11 scion dealers in Colorado...just go to another dealer, I understand you are mad and by all means call the regional manager but no need to whine and complain, just take your deposit and walk....

http://www.scion.com/assets/pdf/scion_dealer_list.pdf
Smitty_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Teh_Poop_Shoot

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
When did you order the car?

Thank you, COME AGAIN!!!
Teh_Poop_Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
SkitterSkotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Poop_Shoot View Post
When did you order the car?
I ordered the car at the end of March, so it was quite a while ago. I think I will try to get my deposit back, though knowing the dealer it is going to be a massive ordeal, they already told me that they do not give back deposits no matter what. FML
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitterSkotter View Post
I ordered the car at the end of March, so it was quite a while ago. I think I will try to get my deposit back, though knowing the dealer it is going to be a massive ordeal, they already told me that they do not give back deposits no matter what. FML

For future reference this is a good reason to use a credit card. If they won't give your deposit back, and your contract allows for deposits to be returned, you can dispute the charge. My original deposit before the First 86 was actually contingent on a test drive, which meant I couldn't get it back until I test drove the car. Even if I knew I didn't want it....

Eventually this will all be a distant memory, your FRS will have 40k miles on it, and you won't care.

Brett
LivingLegend (05-24-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
K2
First 8600

Drives: Gen2 GR86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Let 'em keep it in the showroom till next Christmas. Get your deposit back a go to a better dealer who will sell you the car, not this line of BS.
K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #13
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
July is only a month away and no dealer will keep a customers car on the showroom floor if its a sold car...Call Scion regional and tell them whats going down...go to the dealer and freak out right in front of the general manager and the customers in the scion dealership. Cause a big scene.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
FujiwaraTofuShop
First 86

Drives: 2010 Scion tC, 2013 Scion FR-S
That's too bad, my dealership went out of the way not to show our car off too much. It had less than 10 miles when they gave it to us, and we've put 120 on it since then. I agree with the others on finding a different dealer. I've probably harassed my dealer too much, but now they're working on becoming a Five Axis dealer just to install the body kit for ours, so maybe its worth it.
FujiwaraTofuShop is offline   Reply With Quote