follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
wheelman

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool waiting on my new mufflers!!!

i ordered a very nice set of Avidia catback real duel exhaust. I was told they will be out the end of sept.shipped soon got the titanium tips.blue on the ends.BEAUTIFUL...also i see they have been making them for the SC...so they must know what we like huh??? wish me luck i will let you know how it goes.the only other thing i would like is the armrest with the red thread running around it.like the wheel! i am not going to the track! but i like the feel of resting my arm on a long trip.and if you have seen the one i am talking about its very cool.like factory cool! I will put a K&N air filter on it ASAP!!! so far so good. i only have 550 on it! hope the ck. engine light does not come on.i hear there is a bug in some??? guess we should ALL hold on and stick together...toyota claims they have never heard of any problems.the southeast rep.ask me if i wanted a test drive,when i ask him about the problems he acted shocked!!! what a JOKE!!! needless to say he never called me back.I got one anyway.so i am wishing for the best.what a drag!!!good luck to ALL!!! the wheelman!!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
kendalldwhite

Drives: Mint-Tiffany blue FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
i ordered a very nice set of Avidia catback real duel exhaust. I was told they will be out the end of sept.shipped soon got the titanium tips.blue on the ends.BEAUTIFUL...also i see they have been making them for the SC...so they must know what we like huh??? wish me luck i will let you know how it goes.the only other thing i would like is the armrest with the red thread running around it.like the wheel! i am not going to the track! but i like the feel of resting my arm on a long trip.and if you have seen the one i am talking about its very cool.like factory cool! I will put a K&N air filter on it ASAP!!! so far so good. i only have 550 on it! hope the ck. engine light does not come on.i hear there is a bug in some??? guess we should ALL hold on and stick together...toyota claims they have never heard of any problems.the southeast rep.ask me if i wanted a test drive,when i ask him about the problems he acted shocked!!! what a JOKE!!! needless to say he never called me back.I got one anyway.so i am wishing for the best.what a drag!!!good luck to ALL!!! the wheelman!!
burnt end cat-back sounds good i have the agency power cat-back, I love it. My engine started making the ck noise but no check engine light, at 2000 miles as of today. I plan on taking it into the dealership in a couple days because it keeps on getting worse and worse everyday. Anyways welcome!
kendalldwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
BuBlake
Chronic Flashturbator

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
What's an "Avidia"? I have heard of the Invidia, but that seems like too much of a radical misspelling to be what you meant... Also, if it's a "real duel", wouldn't that mean that it replaces the headers as well?

I ordered the Invidia too if that's what you mean. I look forward to installing it and posting pics/vids. I bought it for $580 with shipping on eBay and should get it early next month.
OFT Stg 2 UEL E85 - Borla UEL Header - Invidia Q300 - Invidia catless frontpipe - Fa20club CAI - Billet Power Blocks - Michelin PSS 245/35/18 all around on Motegi Racing SP10 18x8 +38 - Eibach Sportline springs - SPC LCA
BuBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
If you did buy the elusive Invidia exhaust post pics/vids when you get it installed.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This guys posts really hurt my head. @wheelman please make a thread for your car in the members car section... You already told us you ordered an ebay exhaust, and imo the engine/etc section isn't the place to discuss your shipping woes, or other randomness... All the points you brought up are already discussed ad nauseam in other sections.

Sorry if i come accross as a ****, but i was like oooh new post in engine section- lol.
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenlokk For This Useful Post:
sirus (09-21-2012)