follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
balu

Drives: Subaru BRZ MY15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MY15 BRZ + AVH-X5800 + OEM Audio+ installation questions

Hi,

After a long time of lurking around I finally got my hands on a late 2015 BRZ. Cannot wait to be able to take it from the dealership (only 7 days left, but who is counting..)

I'd like to keep the car stock - I don't do racetracks, autox, or anything like that. The only thing that really cannot stay stock is the audio setup.

I read all the relevant topics here on the forum, and decided to go with OEM Audio+ 450Q for speakers, and Pioneer AVH-X5800DAB (EU version). They are already ordered.

I'll bring the car to an expert to install the system - what I'd like to make sure is that I have all the necessary equipment required for the installation. If possible, I'd rather not cut and rewire cables, but stick with a plug and play approach.

I went to crutchfield.com, and checked what I need:
- Metra 95-8202 Kit
- Metra 70-1761 Wiring Harness
- Metra 40-LX11 Antenna Adapter

Since I live in Germany, it's a bit more time consuming to get these parts.
My question is if there's anything I didn't think of yet, that would be essential to install the system? Should I have all the parts above, do I really have to bring my car to an exper to install the system, or can I do it myself (I am more concerned about the installation of the 2din HU than the speakers)?

Edit:
- do not have camera in the back
- do not have steering wheel controls

I hope these make the installation easier.

Last edited by balu; 07-13-2017 at 08:48 AM.
balu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #2
balu

Drives: Subaru BRZ MY15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update:

Finally everything has arrived, so I removed the dash, the HU, and checked how the cables fit.

The USB and the antenna cables are pretty clear, no issue about those. I couldn't connect the rest though, and would appreciate some help with it.

So I have the Metra 70-1761 Wiring Harness on one side, and the Pioneer harness on the other side.

Some pictures:

Is there anything specific I should buy to be able to connect them "plug and play"? Or how else can I connect the open ended cables on pic 3 to the black harness shown on pic 2? Or is it simply that I have to connect somehow the cables one by one? (in this case I'd appreciate any guide about how to connect cables).

Thank you in advance!
balu is offline   Reply With Quote