Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #1160
Deathalo

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Limited Manual BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwthor View Post
Here is the update with CarHome disabled. This was provided to me when I asked support if there was a way to disable it.

IF YOU HAVE DROPBOX, PLEASE USE THE "SAVE TO MY DROPBOX" LINK, RATHER THAN DOWNLOAD. If there are too many downloads, my account could be disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szq66a8ksk...%20English.zip

From what I can tell, there is only one change between the last official update, and this one. The file is factory.prop located in update-->images-->manufactorycfg

I'm guessing that there is a way to enable/disable it without having to go through the whole restore process, but I'm not the guy to figure it out.

It has been working fine for me, but as soon as I load up Torque Widgets, CarHome crashes on reboot. You get the error Unfortunately CarHome has stopped. Click OK, and you are back on the desktop. I've noticed that if I have the radio open, and reboot, I don't get the CarHome error.

Does anyone have Torque widgets working and staying on the screen after a reboot? I've tried the last official update and it doesn't work.

Also, I'm unable to get my Exchange email account set up. When I enter the account info, it gets to the end, then at the part where it says it needs to change security settings, the settings app crashes with Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. Again, this error is present with the official update.
Thanks dude, definitely going to try this out, not sure about the exchange mail thing, but might be because this has no lockscreen, try using a third party exchange app like "Nine" and set the security setting to app only.
Deathalo is offline   Reply With Quote