FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergycheese348 View Post
@FR-S2GT86 & @AussieBRZ

Car battery died last night on a busy road. First time to see the cops behind me and not be handed a ticket lol. Got jumped, went to get a new battery, installed it (just a regular battery for the car, not a LW battery), drove away fine. Might have been right away or not but my dash looked a bit different. No TC/SC/ABS light, and it has been gone since. I will update if it returns, but might have been a battery issue...somehow.
Unless you had a permanent code in there, disconnecting the battery basically just cleared your codes for you. As long as there are no pending oractive codes, the CEL should stay off. Give it a day or two before you conclude it was the battery that was causing the issue. If it wasn't an old battery that you had in there before, and your battery terminals and cables are in good, uncorroded shape, you might want to have a load test peformed on your alternator.

Unfortunately, the electronics in these cars are really susceptible to low voltage issues. Low voltage can sometimes even cause permanent damage.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote