Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,204 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
articles like these always leave me conflicted. i've worked people that have 'fuck-you' money like that, but live like they're on their last dime.

they're terrible people to do anything for, and they usually try to get everything they can for cheap or free, usually to their own detriment.

and while it's good that the money is going to charities, i just don't get the philosophy to leave that much money behind and not enjoy it before you die. as jd001 said-- most charities piss away money pretty easily, so while the money appears to be be going somewhere good, it's not much better then if he had just spent it and enjoyed himself.
That would be assuming he was a complete cheapskate asshole which it doesn't appear to be.

He seems like the guy who just bought what he needed to get by without excess.

-Instead of buying 80 dollar designer jeans, he just got himself some Costco jeans cuz they were cheap and comfortable to him, and didn't buy a new pair until those were torn up.
-Instead of going out to eat at a fancy restaurant every few days, he stayed home and cooked food with a week and a half's worth of groceries in his fridge.
-Instead of buying that ivory backscratcher, he just made like a bear and just rubbed his back against the exposed stud walls in his basement.

Having an unknown sizeable inheritance, being single and having no kids would also help in that regard.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote