Old 10-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #146
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I hope it continues to be a great looking "classic" form car with just enough of a power/torque increase to make it interesting. Throwing in a targa wouldn't hurt!

It would have to be something spectacularly special for me to buy a MK2 though, particularly given my auto buying history shows I a don't buy the same car twice.
I bought the same car three times and watched them get progressively worse each gen. I am not as optimistic as many here I am afraid.
Many of what people are asking for will make it heavier and unless they offset that weight gain with a proportional power increase then it will not be an improvement but just maintain the status quo. It would also be very, very unlikely that they can meet even a fraction of this wish list and keep the price in it's current range. The same people screaming for the biggest changes would just walk away when the price tag hits $45K+.
My biggest fear is that they will do what happened to the Eclipse, Celica, Z cars, etc where they turned their focus from the "enthusiast" (I hate using that word but it fits) to selling more of them to the general public. The general public doesn't have the same priorities that most here do and the model can be ruined in a hurry if they try to meet the majority's wishs.
Dadhawk (10-01-2019), SC10N (10-08-2019), WolfpackS2k (10-03-2019)