View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #1074
GreenPants

Drives: Burnt Orange GT86
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
1. Any way of having it start automatically like the stock music player? This is especially good for my wife as she likes to jump in the car and go rather than work it apps tat she's unfamiliar with.

2. When it is going I ave to pause it and then go to radio otherwise the music playing doesn't stop. The stock music app when you press radio stops automatically to let the radio go.

Edit: 3. Where is the fader adjustment - balance is easy but front/rear fader?
1) The built-in OEM apps (Video, Music, Radio) are specific to the headunit. They tie in directly to the audio's hardware subsystem and get special treatment by the OS. AFAIK, these are the only apps that will start by default. You may be able to do the three-second-exit-app trick to prevent these from starting up, and you may even be able to get Android to run an app at startup (although I don't recall anything except perhaps a homescreen widget from doing so), but then you run into the problem that the amplifier hardware isn't configured to allow the Android audio stream (You always seem to have to use the built-in music or video app to 'prime' the audio).

2) As mentioned, the custom OEM apps are special. I believe that they directly use the audio hardware subsystem. The audio subsystem has at least a radio-in, android-audio-in and dvd-audio-in, and the custom apps *switch* between them. All other apps 'share' the Android-audio-in - which can only be heard when running the video or music app. When you switch to radio, all the Android app's audio simply get muted/switched off. The only exception to this I know of is the Navi app, which will get mixed in with the Music/Video/Radio app if/when it makes a sound - and it has been done that way to allow the nav guidance commands to be heard. You can set the 'Navi' application to any Android app you want, and it will be mixed in with the Radio.

3) Trick question, right? Run the EQ app and on the car interior, move the button in the middle left-right to pan or forward-back to fade. On the 86, the rear speakers are pathetic though, and even fully faded to the back you'll struggle to hear them.
GreenPants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenPants For This Useful Post:
Pacific (09-04-2013)