p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, I finally did it. Fell and hurt myself -

I fall a lot but due to my extensive Army training and lightning fast reflexes, I tuck into a combat roll position and "roll" out of it. Not this time -

Sunday morning I noticed the deck and landing was wet from the rain. I stepped off the deck onto the wet landing, wearing my worn out Walmart slippers and it was like someone pulled my legs out from under me.

I instinctively tucked my body into the combat roll position, and since there was no place to roll to, I slammed my curled body, lower back first, onto the edge of the step on the landing. (so THATS why they call it a landing?).

I laid there in the rain for a while checking to see if I could wiggle my toes, because I couldn't turn over and could hardly get my breath. I finally crawled to the door and drug myself into the house.

I figured I had either bruised, cracked or broke a rib.

So, all day today I gobbled down all the pain meds I could find and took a loooong nap, since laying down relieved the pain. I tried to get into the car to drive up and get some smokes ...... but even sitting in the car, even mrs humfrz's sedan, was a painful no go.

The plan tomorrow is for ice followed by heat, that's what the "web MDs" say to do. If that doesn't work I'll go the the vet and get some ivermectin ()

Wednesday I have had a CT scan scheduled as a follow up to cancerous kidney extraction, so maybe I'll ask them to check out my lower ribs while they are at it.

If by then, if I'm not feeling a lot better, I'll go to the Clinic and get some more powerful meds.

Lesson learned - when you get older, watch out where the hell you are going!

Hope you feel better soon. Someday we are going to figure out how to use this fancy new CRISPR tech no lengthen our telomeres and allow our cells to divide again like when we were young so we can repair faster.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (09-15-2021), humfrz (09-14-2021)