Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I have no idea what you're asking but I'll take a guess:

"Will upgrading the brake lines be useful for daily driving?"

The answer is probably not, you won't feel very much difference and if performance is an issue (your brakes are overheating, which is the only reason to "upgrade" because they have more than enough "stopping power" in stock configuration) then you're probably driving much too aggressively for public roads.

Even for track use I don't think the brake lines need to be upgraded, many people use a high temp brake fluid and pads for track use and swap between the OEM pads and track pads before hitting the track or heading home.

Unless you're in a high competition arena and you're running the car hard enough to need the upgrade, in which case you probably wouldn't be asking here.
At the risk of taking this thread off to another tangent, I had to respond to this statement. I do think a SS brake line upgrade is a worthwhile (and fairly easy) mod if you care enough about brake pedal feel. Some people value and prefer a firm brake pedal feel and SS lines are how you can get that feel and get rid of the mushy pedal feel that most stock cars come with. I got behind the wheel of a car equipped with SS lines and immediately felt a difference just on street driving. You don't need to be in a competition or even on a track to appreciate the improvement you can get from a set of SS lines.