I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Alright, first question for you guys. My TR6060 has ports for a transmission cooler. Apparently the stock cooler is part of the radiator in the camaro. Im looking at coolers on Jegs and you can get pretty much any size, shape, etc. I already have an oil cooler. What do you think would be the best way to mount a trans cooler? I'm concerned about blocking or spoiling too much air going into the radiator and making the engine too hot. But I'm not thinking of an effective location other than in front of the radiator. Long skinny cooler? Square shaped kinda like my oil cooler(mishimoto)?
I put a small core in front of the AC condenser.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Do you think it is necessary? You aren't pushing much weight, unless you're beating the hell out of it I can't see why you need one. If you want to run it I would put it next to the tranny, fit the undercarriage aero parts as tight to your new tranny as you can and cut out an opening for it. Mount it just above the aero parts to create turbulence and air should run through it.
The TR606 is unusual (it uses AT fluid instead of the usual MT thick fluid). I would just run a cooler even if a simple one.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote