Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,336 Times in 7,387 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxis View Post
This is helpful info.

Having owned the RR kit, I can say it's not just a rebranded Wilwood kit. The Wilwood kits are only available with the "narrow" calipers and they use their own rotors and sizing. The RR kits are available in narrow and wide calipers and uses a standard STi sized rotor which is where most of the cost savings come from. Further the Wilwood kits are designed to be used at all 4 corners and the RR Racing kits will keep close to standard bias with the standard rear brakes.

I was pricing them before I bought my kit and I thought you could get it in the wide or narrow super light. That was a while ago though. We are a Wilwood dealer at work and they gave me like 6 options. I could be wrong on the bias, the charts I have seen people comparing them had them a bit farther forward. People have pointed out discrepancies in those charts before though uniformly the all had the RR kit forward biased. Could be wrong, again. If you were comfortable with it before I wouldn’t consider it an obstacle.

Knowing what I know now, I would have went sprint kit. I got my ST kit second hand but new in box and it seemed like a good deal but just the friction ring cost already has me behind the AP kit.
Lynxis (05-06-2022)