View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 12:02 AM   #41
BlueWhelan

Drives: 2013 Blue Subaru BRZ. 6 Spd manual
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obaids123 View Post
Hey so I think this also happened to me, the car was in reverse but when I took the reverse lockout off there was nothing there with a hole. How did you manage to fish it out? I’m using a large screwdriver and I can’t get anything up?
(Bumping this thread because I just had to do this)

There are two white plastic pieces of trim that clip to the front and back of the shifter shaft. Take those off, and you should be able to see the top of the reverse cable, and the hole the pin goes through. Get a paper clip or similar, run it through, and now you can pull it up to the level it should be. Pull it all the way up to allow reverse, and put it in reverse. You should then be good to go as the reverse cable will stay in place once in reverse.

Don't do what I did and run the punch pin ABOVE the cable. It needs to go a bit lower. If you do, the pin might go in a bit easier (in my case, quite a bit easier), and when you pull the gear leaver out of reverse THAT'S when the cable will fall. You won't know until its too late.

Avoid this by using a light behind the shifter so you can see when everything lines up, THEN punch in the pin.
BlueWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote