HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
There is no other sports car in Subaru lineup. BRZ is good for their brand image and nicely complements their product portfolio. I think they would keep BRZ disregarding the economic mess following the pandemic. And they would be able to have the car as a competitor to Supra. I can see an NA and a turbo STI model.

Given that Toyota will have three models of Supra in a wide performance and price range, they might just need another Celica or MR2 as the next 86.

Joint production of 86/BRZ looks like a conflict of interest to me.
what variant of the supra comes below 30 K....? go to japan, asia, australia, etc....4 cyl supra is still very expensive, 86 makes a hell of a lot more sense...in japan the 4 cyl supra is literally double the cost of the 86. The US is pretty much the only market that has a good price for both the 86 and supra even then there is a good price difference between 4 cyl supra and 86...

MR2 is a silly pipedream that doesn't work in this day and age of the automotive world. yes, let's add more complexity and development costs for a cheap sports car fine just the way it is. if you really want a MR sports car, go get an elise...
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote