View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #32
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZNT4R View Post
Well, the way I see it, if I want a one piece carbon driveshaft, I paid for a useless stock steel driveshaft on top of it. If i want a backseat delete, i paid for those for nothing, if I want shocks and springs, I've got a set of useless ones under the car now that cost a good chunk of change at the factory. Same with a lighter Ti catback.

Not having parts duplication is always cheaper, the question would be, what kind of markup would that added performance warrant? I'd wager paying for the upcharge would beat the price to do it after the fact.
Sounds like you want to pay mass produced prices for a totally custom car. Not gonna happen. Those heavier cheaper parts make the car affordable and keep it from competing with more expensive cars.

A perfect example is the Subaru STI S209. All trick parts from the factory and it’s 64k, which is absurd for that car. I would build a 22b custom for way less and perform better.

What you want would cost so much you would be buying others cars in that price range.

I always felt that the aftermarket usually provides what’s needed or wanted. Sure you pay more but it’s over time, you can sell Oem parts and for most of us it’s fun to do the mods and see the improvements.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote