Old 08-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #6
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,826 Times in 16,429 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
Well I'm no plumber but I did replace my water heater not too long aso.
I was looking at a tankless unit but the amount to get the electrican to wire up was more than what I thought I would save.

I just ended up getting a bigger traditional water heater. Super simple to install even played with copper tubbing soldering. Only problem I encountered was removing the old unit. Cause it still had water in it.

So that's something to think about the extra cost with a tank less water heater. Unless you got an electrician buddy.
Welp, for next time, there is a valve up on top that shuts off the water to the tank - that will make soldering the copper tubing much easier - you don't have to work as fast. Then there is a valve at the bottom of the tank that drains it - that makes it much lighter and easier to move. If you don't shut off the power to the unit, only touch one wire at a time - and don't be standing in the water that is all over the floor from draining the tank. Oh yes, if your hot water heater is gas, and you don't turn off the gas, make the switch really fast and if you get light headed, go outside till your head clears and don't light up a cigarette with an open flame.

Your welcome.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote