NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Turning it 4 times to try to get rid of vibration is def PITA having to get new bolts each time. But also there were a couple of threads a while back about the bolts being too short with aftermarket shafts and results in only half your nuts thread engaging. Solution was to get longer bolts so that all threads engage. I still haven't done it yet on mine @blsfrs do you remember if all the threads engaged on yours?
On my DSS AL I had full thread engagement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE5 View Post
It's probably gonna be fine 999/1000 times in the first year.
But that 1/1000 is bad enough for a safety recall. 1/1000 * 100,000 cars is 100 failed cars that could kill people in the first year. And then the car companies look at a car's life over 20-30 years, and they start to sweat, because that 100 failures can become 10,000 or more if things go badly. Hence we get our valve springs recalled.

But you? In a car you probably inspect often? Fuggetaboutit.
Fair enough point.

@blsfrs I would call, not just email. If they don't help you out let me know. I have another spare stock drive shaft and a DSS AL that are both used. You can have either one for the cost of shipping. I only need to keep one as a spare and I have both these laying around.