View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I really really like the Whiteout/SWP color, after seeing it in person. It's less beige/cream than SWP on other Subaru's and more like a white with crystal flake, or at least it looked that way in the auto show lighting. Asphalt/DGM is really nice too. Not too crazy on the brand exclusive colors (Hot Lava and Subaru WR Blue).

Goes without saying that the BRZ interior is much nicer than the FR-S. The seats and gauges really do it. Oh and also, the faux carbon fiber dash piece looks tacky in the FR-S and I wouldn't consider replacing the BRZ's silver piece with it as some potential owners plan to.

I like the throw and the feel of the shifter, its S2000-ish. Clutch is light but that's expected for stock.
Pedal placement and seat height is nice too.

I fit in the back okay with my friend in the driver seat set to how he likes it.
But then again neither I nor my friend are tall dudes (5'7 and 5'8 respectively).

Funny thing, sitting in the GenCoupe and FR-S back to back the FR-S has more rear headroom, not that it really matters.

Overall, after seeing the white color and the interior of the BRZ Limited I'm happy about my choice. Now to wait for a test drive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
after sitting in the FRS at the NY auto show on Sunday, i hate to say that I have to give up my hopes of getting it...6'2 245 just wasnt getting in the car comfortably.. seats are great, car is great but my knees are practically touching the steering wheel..I tried to think thin and it still didnt work..lolmaybe I will wait till my order arrives at the dealer before making a final decision
Did you try tilting the steering wheel? I was able to tilt it in the BRZ.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote