Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbrew View Post
This is as good a place as any to bring up passing lane habits in the US - we suck at it. Especially when compared to Germany, Switzerland, GB. I have driven in all of these countries and I can report back - we really suck at utilizing the passing lane correctly.

Here is the proper use.

1) Don't stay in it.
2) Get out of it as soon as possible
3) If you see someone coming up fast behind you - speed up or slow down but get out of the way. Don't start a passing move if someone is going to be on your ass. - Basically - help a bro out and don't make them brake.
4) Flashing your brights is not rude although in the states I use my left turn indicator. It's a way of saying please move over.

Many US drivers would be pulled over and given tickets for their driving habits in other countries.

I am really looking forward to many US drivers embracing autonomous cars in the hope that it will pull them all over to the right.
Incredibly stupid move by the FR-S driver.

The guy in the Charger is obviously a left lane camper. He had plenty of room to move to the right lane in between cars but then that would have required him to check his mirrors and actually use his turn signal.

Who knows how long that FR-S was behind him in the left lane wanting around before he decided to make that ill advised move? Honestly, I kind of hope that they do not track down the Scion owner and the guy that posted the video has to pay for the damage himself. IMO they were both in the wrong. Most states in the US do have laws that say you must move to the right when possible and allow faster traffic to pass on the left no matter how fast you are going.
Silent_Dan (10-12-2015)