krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvey View Post
I've taken both the 2013/2014 and 2015 near and over the limits and I can definitely confirm the 2015 has more level cornering. The 2015 susp. is definitely better at keeping the tire contact patch to the road. Something very easy to feel given how easily it was to slip in the 2013/2014 with the stock tires. Also 2015 seems to have slightly better turn in, and easier to throttle oversteer, which is something I really like. A quick lane change at speed manuever is much more settled than the old susp - better rebound characteristics. And everything is still more comfy than a Cayman when running over bump. Cayman is like boom boom smack smack, although the super nice fluffy Porsche seats help absorb the impacts.

Bottom line is that if I had gone with a 2013/2014, I definitely would have switched the suspension - almost but just not quite there. Whereas with the 2015, I am totally happy with the susp. as a street and maybe occasional track car. It's an incremental improvement, but it's just really dialed in. And I did not feel that way with the 2013/2014.

The possible bad part is that the 2015 susp. is so dialed in that I don't want to change anything like lower it. But lowering is kinda dumb and a PIA around where I live and work.
If you read up on the marketing description on the chassis and suspension parts from the STI Performance catalog (flexible tower bar, flexible draw stiffener, lowered springs, pillowball arms for the rear suspension), the purpose of all those parts together is to pretty much achieve exactly what you described on the stock 2015. Saved you $2000 bucks right there.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote