Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslntuee View Post
Yes, I also think that the front spring is different between the ts and the
standard one.
However, I am not sure why DsomegaX got the STI ts dampers combo with the standard STI spring.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=892

I am not sure which back Showa damper you refer.
The new one looks red body for me.
http://www.showa-tuning.com/evolution.html

I heard that STI ts damper also made by Showa and curious those
two are same or not.
Thanks.
Black as in the ones that come with the car stock.

The tS damper is silver and design is based on the Showa evolution line. It's not red because why would STI simply take something off the shelf, leave it the way it is in appearance and sell it to you (that would go against their marketing of proprietary tuning).

I'm curious as to the difference in handling between stock 2013/2014 and 2015. I wonder if they've made the car more tamed (like late model SW20 and AP2). "Improved handling" should really be "different / revised handling", they obviously can't write "improved handling for street use" because then the racecar ricers like me would think that's weak sauce.

Also, If they follow a similar formula as to the AW11 MR2, then we will probably see an engine option by 2016 that would shift the powerband towards the mid range to be more street friendly (like 4AGZE supercharged vs 4AGE n/a).

I'm still glad Subaru & Toyota decided to give us the same JDM FA20 engine globally to save on development cost.

If they did a FA25 or supercharged FA20 with a lower redline as the only choice for North America, then armchair forum junkies would shit on it for not having a stronger top-end like JDM (EJ20 vs EJ25 on the WRX STI).

Last edited by krayzie; 07-23-2014 at 04:36 AM.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
cslntuee (07-23-2014)