View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
armstrom

Drives: none
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
As far as I can tell the car did not sit long before I bought it. It's certified pre-owned so I have the 7yr/100k powertrain warranty and a 90 day bumper to bumper. Like I said, it has only acted up twice. The stuck solenoid might make sense for the first event I described but for the second one it was just turning over and the motor never "caught" and ran on its own. I hesitate to take it into the dealership because inevitably they wouldn't be able to reproduce it. I suppose I should document it with them anyway just to be sure. Where is our starter solenoid located anyway? I still need to download the service manual.

Keep in mind, this is a BRZ limited with the push-button start. The starter is meant to keep trying to crank the engine until it detects it is running on its own. I doubt the solenoid got stuck or I wouldn't have been able to stop the engine from cranking by pressing the start button again... Unless there's a secondary relay that kills the signal from the starter solenoid. I guess I should study the wiring diagram.

-Matt
armstrom is offline   Reply With Quote