Old 04-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
I've only had my BRZ for a couple of weeks but twice I've noticed odd behaviors when trying to start the car with the push-button start. The first time the engine seemed to start but the starter kept trying to crank the engine. At least that's what it sounded like. It only lasted a few seconds so I didn't really notice if the engine was running on its own or not. Needless to say that had not occurred before or since. The second oddity happened today when I was leaving work. i tried to start the car and it just kept cranking the engine and not actually starting. I simply pushed the button again and it stopped trying to start the car. I was immediately able to start the car afterwards.

Has anyone had any issues like this? I tried searching but any good keywords I can think of result in a ton of search results, none of which seem to be relevant.

Thanks!
-Matt
Any idea how long the car sat before you bought it? Starter solenoids can be some of the funkiest things in the world when left un used for to long. They seem to jamb up or stick for no apparent reason. If it keeps it up get it checked but odds are it will just stop doing things all on it's own.