Old 11-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #36367
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,825 Times in 16,428 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
Well, my company might have helped....IF I had a company.

I was very unhappy in my PhD, and my girlfriend was about to graduate vet school and was having trouble finding a job nearby. Jobs aren't easy to come by in Mississippi, anyways. So, after some thought, I left my PhD program and am finishing an MBA online, instead. We decided to move to Pittsburgh, nearer to her family and opportunities. I will have my MBA in the spring and I'm Ubering about 40-50 hours a week right now and it's paying the bills. ($400-700 a week, after gas!)

But I stayed the summer in MS. It was a last mintue move and I wanted to take some time with my friends. I was supposed to teach and make about $3000, which would have made the move easy, but the school fudged up on some stuff and caused my class not to make. Sooo...I credit carded it through the summer and the move.

But yeah. GF's new job didn't help with the move. It would have been nice, but that's okay. We have decent/good jobs, and I like PA.

BAHA! Mostly paper hunting. I like the increased modularity/mobility of the pistol platform.

It's a building/cleaning/practice hobby for me, really. But...I haven't hunted much at all. I want to go down next deer season with my dad in Alabama and make him proud with a buck kill.
Yep, mrs humfrz was well on her way to a PhD ...... but, he settled for a MA, after she met me ...... yep, that's when her life hit the skids ......

I'm glad you like PA ...... it's a pretty state ...... nice roads for sporty car driving.

I suggest you NOT go deer hunting in PA if it's anything like CT. Those city slicker jerks, come out of the cities, rent a .30-06 rifle and shoot at anything in the woods that moves ...... thinking it's a deer.

I remember back in CT, some jerk from NYC, took a shot at a kid on a yellow Honda trail bike ....... thought it was a deer ......

As far as machine pistols, I figure if I can't protect myself, my family and my property with my ol .45 ACP and three magazines of ammo ....... I'll retreat firing my .357 revolver over my shoulder ......

humfrz