Old 04-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #22
Plumbus
Seņor Member

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn_Of_Creation View Post
I'm thinking about doing the Sti engine mounts, Whiteline Trans Insert Bushing, Perrin Support Mount, Perrin Shifter Mount Bushing, Whiteline Positive Traction kit, and Whiteline Support Outrigger Insert too as a daily. Let me know how the NVH is once you put in the STI mounts.

Ive heard the Perrin Trans Support Mount is the 2nd most NVH, and Whiteline Support Outrigger is 3rd out of what you have done. I've also heard that the STI Trans Mount does the same as the Perrin Support Mount, but doesn't increase NVH.
I have the sti engine mounts, sti trans mount, perrin shifter bushing, whiteline front + rear diff bushing inserts (outrigger) kit (kdt925), and the whiteline positive traction kit (rear subframe bushing inserts, kdt922). Of these, the most severe was the rear subframe bushing inserts, surprisingly. nvh increased moderately, but worse of all it made the rear of the car substantially stiffer. I installed HKS SP coilovers before the inserts (8k square), and the inserts made the rear stiffer than the coilovers themselves. everything else increased the NVH just slightly, and cumulatively, and absolutely transformed the car. It is the PERFECT balance, not too harsh but also you get enough feeling and feedback like a racecar. Could not be happier.

Also STI trans mount is better than perrin support mount + whiteline bushing for transmission. does a better job and is less harsh.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote