why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiannisK View Post
OMG guys so many responses in such little time.
You guys are amazing.

From all the answers i've read the most common answer i see is go for STi mounts.

As for the mtec shifter spring i will definitely get that since it was also recommended from other forums and groups that i've read on.

I already have the perrin rear shifter bushing and whiteline transmission bushing installed on the car, oil was changed 2 weeks ago but i honestly cant remember the oil brand need to ask my mechanic.

As for the vibration i mostly get them on low rpms between 1k to 2.5k. Most of the vibrations are while i'm starting to accelerate from idle. Don't get me wrong the feel it gives that you are connected to the car is amazing but still the car has become quite harsh to drive for a daily. It also happens if lets say I brake while in 3rd to get past a bump and don't downshift to 2nd which drops the RPMs to around 2K so yet again those ranges of RPMs. If i'm cruising on the freeway at 3k rpms then its all fine.

As for the differential inserts am i looking at the right thing here?
There's mount bushing and outrigger bushing which one are you talking about @RayRay88

https://ukwhitelineperformance.com/p...23-bushing-kit
https://ukwhitelineperformance.com/p...25-bushing-kit

Thanks once again guys for the info, highly appreciated.
Don't let the car go below 2k unless it is in neutral. And in 5th and 6th keep it above 2.5k. Every one of these sounds like a farm tractor at those low revs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Hey can I ask a few questions? I drive a 2014 BRZ A/T, only bolt on mods and a tune, nothing crazy. (Front pipe, EL catless header, Exhaust, drop in filter) nothing crazy. I need new motor mounts. I've done some research on these forums and it seems that:

-If you have some mods, you shouldn't replace your mounts with another set of OEM mounts, is that right?
-Cusco and Perrin add a lot of NVH which is something I do not want because this is my daily.
STI mounts add very little NVH, but they are still recommended for a car with some mods. They are almost like OEM+, so it seems like this is the route I should go with correct?

Now with the transmission mount. You don't actually need to replace the entire thing, just the rubber insert is that correct? Does it matter if I have an A/T? I'm considering getting the Whiteline insert. But will that add any NVH? I'm not clear on that for the transmission mount.

Thanks for your help, I just want to make sure I buy the best thing for my preference. Sorry if these are silly questions, I'm just not 100% clear.
It really is personal preference. The best way is to find someone local to you with those motor mounts and get a ride. The firmer it is, the more NVH you will experience. There is no way around that.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
Slade (02-22-2021)