View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 07:23 PM   #2772
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Original statement he made was along the lines of - because people did not get vaccinated the virus mutated, implying if people got vaccinated it would not have mutated.

My counter argument was, even with 100% adherence from everyone in the USA it was going to mutate regardless.

I then followed up with plenty of reasons and data to validate this statement.

I fail to see how anything your saying or have been saying in the last few posts is either A relevant, or B pertains to the discussion you where jumping into.

I never once claimed vaccines wouldn't alter or slowdown the mutation rate, or significance the mutations.
The original claim was not alter or slow down. The original claim made was, if everyone was vaccinated it would have stopped mutation. Which I disagreed and provided counter argument too.

It helps to actually know what the discussion is actually about before jumping in. and it also helps when your entire argument isn't based on fallacies.

Also to touch on one of your points or "questions" , I already mentioned

"There where also a handful of “variants of interest” or “variants of concern” that popped up very late 2020 or early 2021. During the vaccine rollout."
That’s fine. I’m not trying to present any real arguments to the void of the internet. I read your comment about trying to advocate for your friends and family. Do that to the best of your abilities and I’ll leave you to it.