View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #20
PulsarBeeerz

Drives: JRSC BRZ SOLD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsu333 View Post
OK - I could buy that on a supercharged motor it could be worthwhile. 6-10 hp sounds a bit optimistic, but *maybe*...

For an NA motor, though, I don't think it would see any significant gains - just not moving enough air to need more flow.

Wait - are you saying you felt there was a 6-10 hp gain NA up top with the Extrude Honed 2017+ IM?

Was this vs. your stock 2013 IM, or the gain from doing the Extrude Hone on the 2017+ IM vs. not Extrude Honed?
What is your experience for concluding there would be a lack of gains?

Note: I ran E85 and a 2mm overbore OEM TB while NA using this IM and adjusted the cam angles for optimization later on.

Best representation:
Red-MY13 IM,

Blue-MY17 ExHn.

I data logged on the same road and conditions several times. The logs indicate more MAF usage (g/s, Vs) as well as running a bit leaner. The pulls also took less time.
I don't imagine you can feel any gain under 5hp. From the research I did on the subject before initiating the project 3-5%hp increase was common on NA motors. No data on FI. Ford used the process on the SVT 2.5 Contour SVT back in the day and it was good for 5-10hp.

2013 IM vs MY17 extrude honed. I never bother bolting the MY17 up before the processing.

Last edited by PulsarBeeerz; 06-10-2022 at 09:57 PM.
PulsarBeeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PulsarBeeerz For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-12-2022)