View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #59
sato

Drives: Dodge Patitas
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I like those wheels a lot, so I subscribed. Little smallish for what I was dreaming on 17x9, but OEM quality, good color, a bit wider stance than stock and lighter to boot. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
I think he was looking for the dealer to give him a discount on the list price of the bronze in exchange for keeping the stock wheels. While it doesn't hurt to ask, I could only see the dealer doing that where they know of someone (customer, employee, etc.) looking for a brand new set of those wheels and is sure that they could turn them around immediately at some kind of profit for the dealer. Dealer's aren't equipped (in multiple ways) to stock OEM parts.
Never had that happen to me either but doesn't hurt to ask: I've heard of weird deal experiences (pro-buyer) just because a car salesman was behind his quota.

The "only" way I can think of having a similar "exchange" happen is to purchase a special edition. Then again, the Dealer doesn't have to stock the base OEM stuff. That, or special order cars like other brands may still do.
sato is offline   Reply With Quote