Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
this is somewhat of the harley davidson problem though.

sure, these bad apples aren't part of management, or representatives for the track in any way. i think it's pretty clear by the comments so far that no one is trying to say that. but they exist there, and as the few comments are starting sway, many people are making the distinction to not visit that track specifically because of the culture that has taken up residence there. condoned, or not.

in the same way that HD is now significantly struggling because they marketed to a specific type of person that is now dying off, i can see the writing on the wall that allowing such behavior to continue with minimal repercussions by management makes the ownership technicalities all but insignificant. the track owners themselves might as well be doing all these damaging things. if a track starts getting reviews and word-of-mouth as the place that anything goes with minimal repercussions, the wrong types of people start showing up more and more.

whether or not management condones it on any official level, it will start to affect their bottom line as people mature and move away from that type of environment(no one likes constantly putting themselves or their equipment in a position to get their stuff screwed up by others on a consistent basis), not to mention, as track liabilities rise--all most insurance companies really need to raise rates is a whiff of something bad.

at the very least, they should be ejected from the track with no refund.
I can confirm they were ejected - no refund.

And the next day and the next and from here on in, TMP is doing things quite differently.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-25-2020)