View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 08:43 PM   #14
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,205 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did some hose work at NAPA today, picked three candidates.

Ended up settling on an 8721 and trimming the plastic harness mount a bit, which I probably didn't need to do in retrospect

Used the entire stock right side line and cut up the KPower provided line a bit. I need to make a couple of brackets for my own mental sanity.

Had a bit of drama when I tried installing the header + overpipe without a jack to support the end under the car, but it turned out fine.

Header in, driveshaft in. I can't believe how close the header to midpipe flange is to the body and it was kind of annoying that you can't get a socket on the driveshaft bolts now, I'm probably going to have the stock driveshaft shortened.

I also moved the heat sleeved wires behind the plastic harness bracket, which I didn't take a picture of.

Remaining items not in any particular order:
1. Pump in transmission fluid
2. Plug extra fuel line under the car (3d printing fuel line quick disconnect tool now since they work but break every time)
3. Pump out old fuel and add a few gallons of 91
4. Install Haltech properly under the dash
5. Support right hand side coolant line somehow, wrap it in a heat shield, and bleed the system
6. Reinstall underbody panels after a good test drive
7. Figure out where I am going to put the negative battery terminal ground on the transmission/engine since I screwed myself
8. Install the Perrin catback

After it runs:
1. Dyno tune and figure out what (if any) detuning needs to be done
2. Build 10AN lines for the existing Setrab oil cooler
3. Add a catch can and a 10AN line to it
4. Build some kind of header heat shield
5. Corner weight
6. Start building a 10.5:1 motor with a 4Piston CNC'd TSX head

Last edited by RedReplicant; 05-28-2022 at 09:07 PM.
RedReplicant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RedReplicant For This Useful Post:
949 Racing (05-21-2023), Code Monkey (05-28-2022), Irace86.2.0 (10-16-2022), Lantanafrs2 (05-30-2022), NoGoodNames (12-21-2022), villainous_frx (05-28-2022)