Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #986
jprice130
AutoX Nut

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moletheus View Post
Sorry im being a troll about this but auto cross seems like alot of money to drive fast in a parking lot. I do that anyways as long as it's empty. Yes I understand that auto cross is legal and controlled. I have gotten two tickets in the past for driving fast in a parking lot and both were cheaper than a day at auto cross. I know that sounds bad and most people don't want the risk but I just can't justify it. I can understand paying for the track and definitely doing back of the Dragon but not really autocross. I remember the good old days when we would take our riced out civics and do this all day. Please forgive my ignorance, I have been to a few just never done it myself. Maybe I'm missing something..
No worries man, not everyone has the same tastes or interests so it's cool. I was just putting a reminder out there for anyone in the Charlotte area that might be interested.

For what it's worth, I view AutoX as a social event first and a competition second. The 30-40 dollars you pay just helps the club hosting the event pay for lot rental, insurance, and maintenance of the timing equipment. I personally enjoy having my runs timed with an electronic timing system so I can see exactly how my driving improves relative to my friends. It's hard to do that on the highway or open parking lots without getting in trouble.

Again, everyone is different so no big deal either way; just putting options out there for anyone that may be interested.
jprice130 is offline   Reply With Quote